• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Wow have I gotten behind. I have a lot to share being on a farm now. I'm at the local library now browsing the forum. Its good to back on & reading about everyone. We have been so busy but loving every minute of life in the country. I never commented on anything yet don't have much time today. We still haven't got internet service yet & very little cell service. My Bolens H16 has been my grass cutter for the year. The Sears SS15 plowed the 28x48 garden for next year. The MTD 990 doing a few chores around the yard like pulling fence posts & trailer. The MF12 is still in boxes waiting for paint & my Cub 1250 will be getting the new governor rod replaced soon this winter. I recently bought an old 76 JC Penney tiller with an 8hp Briggs that I'm tinkering with....no spark but in real good shape. I have also been trying to plan my garage but finding out these tractors need a shed just for them...taking up too much room. I divided the shop in half one side for wood projects & the other half for metal for the tractors. I'm making more sawdust than metal chips right now. I'm also trying to find some triple wall stove pipe reasonable to rig up my wood stove.

I have missed this forum & everyone so bad & will be getting back on soon...with pics. I'm looking forward to catching up & meeting all the new folks. Everyone stay warm & keep the coffee hot, be back soon.

• NUTNDUN, olcowhand, Gtractor and 25 others have said thanks

#2 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:22 PM

Glad your well Jim , well keep the coffee warm , take care.

#3 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,477 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:33 PM

I was just thinking about you the other day, Glad things are going well for you Jim!

Get that internet installed!!!! :poke:  :D

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,559 Thanks
  • 29,818 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:38 PM

Good to hear from you Jim!  Be sure to upload some pics of the new place when you can.  I forget what part of Ky you moved to??  I easily get confused, as we have a Texan about to move to Paris, Ky.

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Good to hear from you and things are going well for you all.  Will be looking forward to you getting on regular.

#6 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,477 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Good to hear from you Jim!  Be sure to upload some pics of the new place when you can.  I forget what part of Ky you moved to??  I easily get confused, as we have a Texan about to move to Paris, Ky.

Daniel, from Jims' moving thread....

The house sits on 20 acres in Falmouth, Ky. The fenced in area is just shy of an acre. its beautiful country, rolling hills, creek near by & the good ole country air that we haven't had in a long time. It's about 15 minutes to the nearest town. The house has three bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, two full baths, new heat pump with AC, & full basement. My house (garage) :D is 20' wide x 27" long & 103" high with an insulated ceiling. Walls are open frame, electric but of coarse not enough, large under ground conduit ran for future 220 meaning NOW! We have a two year old 12,000 gallon cistern with septic system ( not together)

Edited by TAHOE, December 01, 2015 - 02:42 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, MFDAC and 1 other said thanks

#7 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,395 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 03:45 PM

If you can not find triple wall stove pipe.  You can get some 6" auger pipe, 1000 or 1500 degree insulation and 8" stove pipe.

I have done this and it works great.  You can put your hand on the pipe and not get burned, it is warm, but not hot.

I have mine 6" away from vinyl siding and the vinyl siding is still good after many years.

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 04:49 PM

Well, didn't know your story till that one post. Didn't miss ya, heh!  NOW, it's coming back! You turning into a Hillbilly then? Kentucky is the land of Yesterday isn't it?  Work take you there or retired or ??  If too far from civilization, might need to go with satelite web service?  Hope they have more than dial-up at least.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Good to hear from you! Glad life on the farm is so layed back! :smilewink:

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:27 PM

Good of you to check in. Glad it's all good!

#11 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 07:53 PM

Welcome back! :wave: