Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

A Dodge, Ford, and JD I would consider owning...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 07:43 PM

After the constant battle of repairs the last 15 months with my son's Bronco......never again will I buy a Ford. :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

At least the new Ford trucks are lighter so they are easier to push and you can get more of your money back when they get scrapped. I think they also come with a heated tailgate to keep your hands warm in the winter while pushing and a tailgate seat for while you are waiting for the tow truck   :poke:  :bigrofl:

I have my issues with all brands, but my Chevys have been more reliable.

I bet the Dodge truck is super light in the butt, definitely need weight in the back.

They all have their problems. Most people prolly get one bad Ford or chevy or dodge and think their junk. then they only like a certain brand because they had problems with a possibly not taken care of truck of a different brand and think its atomatically the makers fault.

#17 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,404 Thanks
  • 1,537 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 08:18 PM

Don't buy a new diesel.  Pre 2004.

Some may disagree with me, but I've watched a few duramax, cummins and power stroke owners battle with emission control problems on their trucks.

These regulations have taken the most simple and reliable engines ever designed and turned them into problematic pieces of crap.

I'm well aware of the emissions problems on the newer trucks, my monetary situation would mean I could probably only afford a mid '90s truck.

#18 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 731 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 08:37 PM

Hey I live by the motto that while they're running, they are all good. When they aren't running then they are all pieces of s$#@¡
  • Cvans and adamjd200 have said thanks

#19 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,494 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 10:11 AM

. Most people prolly get one bad Ford or chevy or dodge and think their junk. then they only like a certain brand because they had problems with a possibly not taken care of truck of a different brand and think its atomatically the makers fault.

I have had several Fords, I married into a Ford family so took me a while to un-brainwash my wife :rolling:  

It was more than 1 bad one too. :thumbs:  Some of the engineering blows my mind, she had a 92 Topaz with 4 cyl ,96 Ranger with 3.0 6cyl and a 98 ZX2 with 4 cyl, ALL three were designed so when you removed the oil filter, oil ran down all over the starter....plain stupid.

I just replaced the rear axle in the boy's Bronco last week. I rebuilt the center section once last year( spider gears/clutches), then he blew out the pinion bearing a month ago. It has an anemic 302 with the 8.8, there isn't enough power to have torn it up. I have never had to repair a rear axle in the 30 plus yrs of my GM ownership and that's with hard use and lack of maintenance. :D

Hey I live by the motto that while they're running, they are all good. When they aren't running then they are all pieces of s$#@¡

I will have to agree with you sir!  :thumbs:  :smilewink:  :D

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted December 02, 2015 - 06:28 PM

Buy something that will keep you safe, that is the best vehicle. My 1996 Toyota T100 did an excellent job at that, and recently (Monday), my 2004 Ford F150 did an excellent job. So excellent that I am still driving it.
  • TAHOE said thank you