• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted December 30, 2015 - 07:39 PM

Yeah the napa ones may say "Lawn and garden"  but they are still FHP fan belts, I had a belt rep come and show the differences between the manufactures of Lawn and garden belts and the Gates belts were the worst quality out of the 4 brands we cut in half and tested.

If you dont have any luck locally I stock the USA made 82'' belts for them

#77 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Member No: 16215
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 12:53 AM

huskee ones are by pix. and are kevlar wrapped

#78 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • Member No: 78175
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 31, 2015 - 03:24 PM

I found the blue ones $12 less than the red ones , plus shipping was less for the blue , $26 total and it is on the way 

#79 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 09, 2016 - 04:24 AM

The tractor has been great `, used it at least a dozen times since installing the electric start up , the battery has been staying charged up and she fires right off ------------yesterday the throttle cable broke , the outer housing came unhooked from the bracket at the lever , I need to get a new cable , can you'll point me in the direction of one that will replace the OEM cable 

#80 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 12, 2016 - 02:11 PM

Wow , it was hard to get the throttle out , cut the cheapest ratchet I had shorter and it did the trick , once I got it out I was able to free up the cable and reclamped it to the bracket and made it work , also fabed up a battery hold down out of angle iron and won a stater belt guard on ebay for $10, but not sure if it is going to work as this 15 hp tractor has a 16 hp engine with a 15 hp stater generator , just in time as I cut my shoe string today on the belt , could have been bad and grabbed it 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2047.jpg
  • IMG_2050.jpg

#81 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 18, 2016 - 08:49 AM

the cover for the starter /generator for a 12 hp came in and it is just a little bit too small to fit the motor pulley , don't think they made one for the 16 hp I have , going to modify this one , it will go over the pulley but is a little too tight , if the belt would go all the way into the pulley it may work , but the belt sticks up a 1/8 of and inch above the pulley 

#82 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Member No: 16215
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 06:47 PM

the cover for the starter /generator for a 12 hp came in and it is just a little bit too small to fit the motor pulley , don't think they made one for the 16 hp I have , going to modify this one , it will go over the pulley but is a little too tight , if the belt would go all the way into the pulley it may work , but the belt sticks up a 1/8 of and inch above the pulley 

one from a ss14 or ss15 will work how i did my ss15 i used 16hp off gilson same engine has a 15hp every part is same. but shroud  will need holes drilled and nuts tacked in to tighten the guard in place once you get correct guard you will see what i mean. only one on ebay for a ss14 or ss15 is waaaaaaay over priced. 

http://www.ebay.com/...x0AAOSwLnlWo~lp

#83 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 06:32 AM

You are right about over priced , the most I would be willing to pay would be $40 , $50 with shipping  ----  I am thinking about cutting the one I have in two , then cut the larger end in two again , add in a piece then use some screen I got to fill the hole 

#84 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted February 28, 2016 - 05:00 PM

Well , lucky day , yesterday my buddy came over and he has a sheet metal shop , he built me the stainless fuel tank , he took the 12 hp starter belt guard , some measurements and a piece of steel screen I had , going to build me a belt guard , I know it will be nice ! 

#85 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 05:31 AM

Got the new belt cover , looks perfect my buddy does really nice work , can't beat the price , free  , could be a little bigger , it fits but is close 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2122.jpg

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#86 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted March 06, 2016 - 05:57 AM

Looks good!

#87 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 03:44 PM

It has been a while , my tractor has been great , thanks again for all the help with getting it going , I had added the electric start/generator on it  and it spins over and starts every time I go to use it which is about once a month to dress up the driveway , but there is one problem , it runs for a minute or two and then sputters out from water in the fuel , I have to bleed off the carb a couple of times every time it seems , remember  this is a brand new custom build stainless steel tank and the water is not getting in from a vent , it must be condensation , people I know that have boats tell me stainless is the worst for condensation , so I need a water separator to add to the mix , was thinking of one of those old school glass bowl filters ----- any ideas on a water separator /filter ? 

• KennyP said thank you