• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#16 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • Member No: 78175
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:16 AM

I would  appreciate  that , Craftsmanmowerfreak , being a heavy equipment mechanic for 40 years next year I have sources for the parts , my starter guy tells me he could put something together for me , but I would really like to be sure the amperage , pulley diameter and belt width  is right and I would like to give him a part number to work with , he did tell me that were not many to pick from 

The guy I got the tractor sold it cause he couldn't get it running right , I found that the choke shaft had let go at the linkage arm and would stay closed all the time , bought a new choke shaft and a carb kit and spent $35 , and the float kept sticking and dripping gas , the carb was in a pitted condition internally  , got feed up and bought the after market carb for $46 , been happy with it so far , the OEM carb list for over $200 

I am not 100% sure of the year of the tractor , I think it a 72  , the model number is 917.25201

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 08:08 AM

First off, welcome to the forum!!!!

The attachments I got with it are an angle blade , a one sided plow , and the other has 4 adjustable spades and 2 disc wheels , I think it is a row maker , as you can tell I am not a framer ,

You would have a dirt/snow blade, a moldboard plow for plowing gardens, and a cultivator.

I am not 100% sure of the year of the tractor , I think it a 72  , the model number is 917.25201

you are correct, Sears only made the SS15 in 1972.

#18 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Member No: 16215
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 08:33 AM

1972 Suburban 15  917.25200     now the last number is not always the same they tend to bounce around between 0 and 1 on these suburban 15. and yes this answers the question grill was replaced. http://www.vintagese...ewsuburban.html

i dont know how my font changed lol

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak, December 01, 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#19 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 09:05 AM

What's the big tire bike in the back of the second pic?

#20 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 11:27 AM

heres the regulator http://www.ebay.com/...149a2fe&vxp=mtr like i said theres a extra post on this one doesnt hurt anything i would run the lights off it like on the 71s on back if done right lights will only turn on when ignition switch is on.

belt http://www.autozone..../?checkfit=true

tag on s/g for a 72 suburban 15 (same genertor for many suburbans) 1101689  umm theres some new ones on ebay but are $$$$$ remind you this number is a delco number

and heres a s/g pulley http://www.ebay.com/...L4AAOSwBmZWCcNk

Edited by craftsmanmowerfreak, December 01, 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#21 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thank you so much Craftsman' , I am going to give my guy at the starter shop a call and see if that does anything for him , I am hoping he can build me one ---------the bike in the back round is a classic and I think very rare , we are heavy into ATV's and machines that run in the dirt , I like to fish but my real hobby is  wet dirt , it is a 1973 1/2 Honda Xl250 with a 250 MotorSport engine , last year and they tuned them down  , with an ATV wheel kit on it which I believe was made by Missile Engineering  , it sat in a barn till 3 years ago from 1975 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1058.JPG
  • IMG_1061.JPG

• 637Yeoman said thank you

#22 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 04:47 PM

I see you put a 16 Briggs in a 15 tractor , i don't know about your motor but on mine you had to remove the front grill to change the oil , so I did some modification to it , drilled and grinded the front grill and added some pipe and a allen headed plug in the end of the 90 degree fitting , makes oil change a snap and no mess , I have not did the second coat of paint on the grill and still have to reinstall the grill screens  and head lights ---also a pic of the stainless tank my buddy made for me 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1806.jpg
  • IMG_1803.jpg

#23 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 05:16 PM

I see you put a 16 Briggs in a 15 tractor , i don't know about your motor but on mine you had to remove the front grill to change the oil , so I did some modification to it , drilled and grinded the front grill and added some pipe and a allen headed plug in the end of the 90 degree fitting , makes oil change a snap and no mess , I have not did the second coat of paint on the grill and still have to reinstall the grill screens  and head lights ---also a pic of the stainless tank my buddy made for me 

you have to pull the pan and swap it around 

#24 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:22 PM

I kinda thought about  rotating the pan , but I didn't want to unbolt the motor , this is more a functionally rebuild and not a restoration and I have a dip stick /filler tube   , had the grill off to work on the carb and choke cable  ,   the oil is easy to change now ----------

I gave the stater guy the numbers and he told me he would get back to me tomorrow -----

knowing the name of my attachments makes me feel like Green Acres , you know that old school TV show , maybe I should go put name tags on them till I get use to them , I moved from New Orleans in 2008 , and live in the rural part , always had nice gardens every year and was the milton king , grows on a vine  some called it coyote pears or coyote squash and there is another name I forget , but man make a stuffing casserole with shrimp and militon and you got it going on 

#25 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Oh , the rest of that story is , I moved to the North of the lake and can't grow mold !!! 

#26 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:30 PM

Oh , the rest of that story is , I moved to the North of the lake and can't grow mold !!! 

lol if you decide to pull pan to swap it you will need a gasket umm let me show you a nice site 

http://searstractormanuals.com/

this site has alot of manuals even attachments and stuff also theres a engine section in there you will find this specific engine manual

http://searstractorm...iggs_325431.pdf

i take part numbers plug em directly into ebay and boom i find what i need lol

#27 warrior120 OFFLINE  

warrior120
  • Member No: 77709
  • 56 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:41 PM

Nice Honda I like the duals on the sears too bc6e7a6f31d06601f5a09d23afd7b6f2.jpg
Here is my project
[IMG]http://images.tapata...1077d0.jpg[/IMG
Here is my Honda 1971 cl100 I couldn't help but put it on here.

#28 warrior120 OFFLINE  

warrior120
  • Member No: 77709
  • 56 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:42 PM

Oh it didn't go through 1035f071d2fe2139776cf7d6b2ab9180.jpg
Here you go

#29 Rocko OFFLINE  

Rocko
  • 25 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 07:10 PM

Nice site for Roper , got to get the right size tires for the front of my15 it never bother me before but now it does --------I eally like the parts break down in that format , the engine is just a little different than mine , not sure if the dipstick tube was right for my 16 as it has a breath tube nipple on it , I made a vent for it , you might see it in the pics 

Nice CL 100 , love the black out look , my neighbor had a gold one , I had a orange and white 1973 Suzuki 125 street and dirt I can't remember the letters, DZ or RZ ,  but I do remember I use to eat his Cl100up ,  I think I would have a gold Fluer de Les (Saints emblem ) on it as even though the Saints ain't worth a darn this year , I still believe ------that is a cool tractor , looks like a Briggs 16 , you could do duals , those are the same rims , it's like $54 for the (I'd call them nylo-tron ) rings  and bolts , the old guy at the lawn mower shop gave me the extra tires 

#30 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Nice site for Roper , got to get the right size tires for the front of my15 it never bother me before but now it does --------I eally like the parts break down in that format , the engine is just a little different than mine , not sure if the dipstick tube was right for my 16 as it has a breath tube nipple on it , I made a vent for it , you might see it in the pics 

Nice CL 100 , love the black out look , my neighbor had a gold one , I had a orange and white 1973 Suzuki 125 street and dirt I can't remember the letters, DZ or RZ ,  but I do remember I use to eat his Cl100up ,  I think I would have a gold Fluer de Les (Saints emblem ) on it as even though the Saints ain't worth a darn this year , I still believe ------that is a cool tractor , looks like a Briggs 16 , you could do duals , those are the same rims , it's like $54 for the (I'd call them nylo-tron ) rings  and bolts , the old guy at the lawn mower shop gave me the extra tires 

basic engine parts should be the same like gaskets. from what i see from you model number is front tires should be 16 x 5 x 8