Garden Tractor Forums banner

once again thieves are everywhere

2K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  grnspot110 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wife went to walmart this afternoon and was doing some shopping. Her and my son were walking down the aisles. And her purse is stolen right out of the cart.

They have him on camera. He is walking behind her, then she turns, he speeds his pace, grabs her purse and walks away with it. Right with our 16 month old son sitting in the kid part of the cart in the child seat and my wife not 5 feet away. She doesn't notice till she gets to the check out line, she actually called me and asked me if I needed anything picked up before she checked out. She said she got to the check outline had everything rang up went to reach for her purse and it wasn't there. She said she thought she just left it in the car. So she walked out to the car, no purse.

The walmart manager got with her and started viewing the cameras and caught it all on camera.

She filed a police report, then I sat here and reported the two debit cards stolen, before anything nefarious was done with them. So now she is out her driver license and other stuff in there. Luckily no cash is carried by either of us normally so there was no cash lost.

This area has gone down the toilet. My bike stolen, my wife's purse. This used to be a nice area, with no major problems, or a lot of theft occurring. You could leave your cars unlocked and not have to worry about a thing. We always stayed in this area because it was "safer"

This saddens me greatly the toll this bad economy has taken. People will resort to anything to get by. I have never stolen anything in my life, nor bothered anyone's stuff. I'm the guy who will find someone's wallet and make every effort in the world to get it back to them. Then people do this to me and my family.

See less See more
#5 ·
I hate hearing this, especially with you being hit once already. As things get worse, this will happen more and more. You know, I still look on Craigslist several times a week for your bike. My guess is it's not even around here anymore or it was parted out and parts sold. Shame but all of these people will eventually pay for what they have done. You cannot hide from the ultimate judge!

#6 ·
I hate thieves. I've got the same thing going on here, used to leave outbuildings unlocked. The most you can do is put up cameras and lock your doors. Once thieves know you are going to get them on film and or beat them upside the head on a midnight or 3 am patrol, you look like a less attractive target.

A friend of mine had his house broken into recently and it sucks. The good news was they were stupid and took cash off the table instead of finding the valuable stuff he has.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well good news to this. Wife just got a call her purse was found in a trash can at a gas station up the road from the walmart. They got the fella on camera. License plate and all!

I was scared to death when she called me and told me what had happened. It could of been a lot worse than a stolen purse.

#9 ·
The closer to Christmas it gets the more this will happen. One of the other tricks they pull on the girls is that when they are pumping gas and they leave their purse on the seat they will open the opposite door and get the purse and be gone in a flash. I try and keep my wife's vehicle full of because of this.

#11 ·
Glad the purse was found! I can't believe people can't figure out that cameras are everywhere these days. You can't breathe without someone catching it on film.

Last Monday 3 of us company drivers were at a customers picking up return products. One of the guys said take over for a second, I'll be right back. He procees to the back side of the customers parking lot and takes a leak. When he came back to his truck I asked why he didn't go inside to the restroom. He said its too much trouble. I informed him it reflects poorly on our company when we do such things. he said nobody saw him. I said well, except for the cameras.

He acted shocked that this little hole in the wall business had video surveillance. I walked him out to the middle of the parking lot and showed him no less than 6 cameras that were clearly visable. Hard telling how many are hidden.

:(

We deal in SUPER HIGH DOLLAR ag chemicals and all customers have cameras on watch. Told him from now on go inside.

#14 ·
toomanytoys84 I hope the culprit is caught and gets hammered by the law.
Did your wife get any of her personal cards back when the purse was found?
Good luck!
I do as well.

According the sherrif deputy the debit cards and her driver license were there. She thought she had 5 or 10 bucks tucked in her side pocket. He said there was no cash. Those were our main concerns. He can have the 5 or 10 bucks. She was really glad that the pictures were still in her wallet.

She has to call him tomorrow and see if she can pick up her property.

#15 ·
Sounds like the culprit is going to the clinker soon.
The police will get the perp and then some bleeding heart social worker will convince the judge to go easy on him because he's a good boy that made a mistake or had a rough life. Slight chance he may go to the Iron bar Hotel where the SOB will get 3 hots and a cot and watch tv all day on our dime.

What ever happened to hard time AKA the rock pile --I say bring in some chunks of concrete and give them all a small hammer and make them pound it into powder --then repeat every day------

#18 ·
Glad to hear they recovered the purse and most of the contents. I try to tell all of my friends and family to be extra vigilant near the holidays when shopping. Always have your purse (for the gals) with you and not in a cart. If it has a long strap put ti over you shoulder and neck. Most petty thieves will not try to take that from you if you carry it that way. For the guys, put your wallet in your front pocket of dominate hand side. Never carry a large amount of cash. JM2CW. Glad the son and wife weren't hurt. Roger

#19 ·
Glad to hear they recovered the purse and most of the contents. I try to tell all of my friends and family to be extra vigilant near the holidays when shopping. Always have your purse (for the gals) with you and not in a cart. If it has a long strap put ti over you shoulder and neck. Most petty thieves will not try to take that from you if you carry it that way. For the guys, put your wallet in your front pocket of dominate hand side. Never carry a large amount of cash. JM2CW. Glad the son and wife weren't hurt. Roger
Good advice there. I always carry my wallet in my right back pocket....rarely carry cash though at least my debit card is secure to a degree in so far as I can report it stolen and get an email every time it is used for a purchase.

#21 ·
Well good news to this. Wife just got a call her purse was found in a trash can at a gas station up the road from the walmart. They got the fella on camera. License plate and all!
I was scared to death when she called me and told me what had happened. It could of been a lot worse than a stolen purse.
Oops guess I should have read all the posts before I said something! Good news you got her purse back!

#22 ·
i live in Indiana PA and we have a college here (IUP) and the crime rate goes through the roof once college starts every fall, we go from a nice quite town to shootings and robberies. im just glad your son was not taken, that seems to be happening more and more these days.
I live by indiana too , I know what you mean

Reactions: toomanytoys84
#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Glad she got her purse back and maybe they will catch the perp, but unless he gets busted for something else, usually a waste of police time, especially since she is getting her stuff back.

Men don't think about their wallets. Someone can come up and "accidentally" bump into you and that's when they pick pocket you and you are clueless. My dad used to wrap his wallet in rubber bands, it made it hard for the wallet to just slide out of his pocket...and it kept it from falling apart :smilewink:

We just had a post on our township FB page, someone bought a brand new dryer, in the box sitting in the back of their truck. They went into Menards, came out, dryer gone. Menards said they only had cameras at the loadiing area, no where else.

#26 ·
When I got my first wallet as a kid, I lost it driving a tractor. Since that day I always carry my wallet in my right front pocket...always! Never lost another! A thief would have a big problem trying to pickpocket it now!
my dad did that back in the early 70's, helping plow a field and ended up plowing under his wallet. He had just got paid that day to and had the week's money in his wallet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.