2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Ever since I was forced to go from XP to W7 I have been fighting software updates. Seems that nothing that I knew how to run in XP will work in W7. Have to have new software. Another term for give me more $$$$$. Then when I get it it is completely different from what I was used to and have to learn all its new trick and stuff all over again. This last time it was the camera program. Cannot get it to save a pic where I want it, and most of the time I have to go through the whole process of detailing out the path for each pic. If it ain't broke why do they think it has to be fixed ? ? Find another way to justify their big $$ and quit screwing with a program that works. $
  • Alc, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Haa! ha!  Got to laugh! That's all, just laugh at your post. Gadgets change every 6 months and I don't think there will ever be a "Standard" to go by. Windows itself made huge differences in stadardizing PC's, yet even it changes as you now know. Seven is one of the best series and many want to stay with it, but soon it will be in mothballs cept by hackers and experimentors trying to hang on to it. Common that people don't like changes, no matter what it is, but you have to go with the flow as said and make best of it. Heck, I once had lots of Commodore 128 stuff and thought was good to go for long time......NOT!  Windows made that all antique in no time!  Changes, go with flow, make it work for ya! Ha! Still chuckling!   OK, I'm done, seeya! Ha!

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,498 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 08:32 PM

Haa! ha!  Got to laugh! That's all, just laugh at your post. Gadgets change every 6 months and I don't think there will ever be a "Standard" to go by. Windows itself made huge differences in stadardizing PC's, yet even it changes as you now know. Seven is one of the best series and many want to stay with it, but soon it will be in mothballs cept by hackers and experimentors trying to hang on to it. Common that people don't like changes, no matter what it is, but you have to go with the flow as said and make best of it. Heck, I once had lots of Commodore 128 stuff and thought was good to go for long time......NOT!  Windows made that all antique in no time!  Changes, go with flow, make it work for ya! Ha! Still chuckling!   OK, I'm done, seeya! Ha!

Glad you got laugh out of it gl.  At least I accomplished something today on a good note.  All this new technology stuff is not for me.  We got HD from Dish a year ago and had technicians out twice to try and show us how to use the record feature and never figured out what they were talking about.  Daughter finally got it wrote down in about 8 lines how to do and the book took 4 pages.  So much for technology.  Going to have to spend another hour looking for instruction on the camera manual now to get it going.  Then it will be another program.  I never have been one to "go with the flow" of things as the flow was usually going the wrong direction. 

Do you ever wish we could have those old Vic 20's and 128's back again?  Boy I sure do.  Had a ton of enjoyment with them, especially entering the code for your own games.

Have a good evening.

Edited by chieffan, November 29, 2015 - 08:34 PM.