#1 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 09:35 AM

We have all done foolish things at some point in our lives, the kind of thing when you get away with it unscathed you say to yourself I'm never going to do that again, because it scared the hell out of you. Well two fisherman were not so lucky yesterday when their "pontoon" boat capsized in the Manasquan inlet drowning them. I had personally seen these guy's on several occasion fishing out in the ocean with that thing and thought their nuts. Its a stark reminder to all of us to think before we act, there are many pitfalls in life,and the ocean is unforgiving of mistake God bless their souls .
  • jms180, hamman, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 927 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 10:31 AM

So sad. Prayers for the family

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,810 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 12:33 PM

Got to be careful no matter what you are doing, last year I was setting in the woods hunting on a really windy afternoon. in a pine grove just hanging out not really expecting anything when  really strong gust of wind blew an old pine over about 50' from me!!  if the tree had fallen  a different direction I very may well not be here today.

Sorry to hear about the fisherman.

Pete

• HANKG said thank you

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 12:43 PM

Water scares me. Even when we are out on these small lakes with the bass boats.

To go along with Pete's story a guy I know has been deer hunting for many years. 4 years ago when he was in his late 60s he fell out of his tree stand and was severely iinjured. He is now paralyzed from the waist down. I was talking to him a year after it happened. He said I've been hunting for years. I always wear my belt in my stand. That day I was in hurry because just as I climbed my stand I seen a deer and was watching it. Then he forgot and fell asleep...said the next things he remembered was waking up in the hospital a week later m
  • HANKG said thank you