Ht20d's number just came up.
Posted November 28, 2015 - 02:26 AM
- Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix, Traill95 and 3 others have said thanks
Posted November 28, 2015 - 07:16 AM
- boyscout862 said thank you
Posted November 28, 2015 - 10:36 AM
The first thing I would check is whether the injector on that cylinder is working. My HT20D had sat for so long both injectors were gummed up and had to be rebuilt. My local diesel injector shop was able to do it but it was not exactly cheap.
- bhts and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks
Posted November 29, 2015 - 08:37 PM
If you haven't noticed diesels are kinda my specialty.
- olcowhand, LPBolens, Alc and 3 others have said thanks
Posted November 29, 2015 - 11:29 PM
Posted November 30, 2015 - 12:20 AM
- olcowhand, MH81 and Alc have said thanks
Posted November 30, 2015 - 09:06 AM
Posted November 30, 2015 - 03:52 PM
- Bolens 1000, OldBuzzard and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks
Posted November 30, 2015 - 04:26 PM
Yep, they are cold natured beasts.
They have a 'cold start procedure' where you put a bit of diesel in the caps on the top of the cylinder heads.
I've never tried that.
On mine, a PO put two glow plugs in the incoming air chamber to preheat the air. Seems to work OK and mine starts a around 30* or so without too much cranking. Of course the battery does have to have a good charge on it.
Here's where the glow plugs are mounted.
It would probably work even better if I closed off that square hole on the side of the chamber.
- Alc, blackjackjakexxix and Paulgo have said thanks
Posted December 01, 2015 - 03:48 AM
Well did a little more tonight on it. It got a new ignition switch and I had to replace an o ring on the #2 dv holder on the injection pump. I also realized another simple cold start method, ether works real well. I don't mean a 2 second stream in the intake but just a bit of a sniff and she lights right up with no ether knock. I get the motor rolling over and just a quick little spray across the front of the air cleaner inlet just so it pulls in a bit of the vapor. Most of the squirters ends up on the side of the fuel tank.
- Bolens 1000, Alc and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks
Posted December 01, 2015 - 11:28 PM
- Bolens 1000, blackjackjakexxix and Rock farmer have said thanks
Posted December 02, 2015 - 01:19 PM
Looks like you're having fun.