Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Is a Utility Trailer Collection Strange?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 05:17 PM

Google "collections" some day,, nothing people won't collect for whatever reason..Trailers are very versatile. Most folks don't even need a truck but when the need arises a trailer will do the job without the expense of driving a fuel sucking pig all year that is used generally as a commuter vehicle. I have boat trailer..necessity..and a 5x9 tilting trailer,,,it was free. 

• Gtractor, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 3 others have said thanks

#17 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,735 Thanks
  • 1,729 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 05:47 PM

I don't really collect anything, even when it comes to garden tractors, I only have 1 that's running, and 1 more that's in the middle of a track conversion for 3 years now lol.

I have 2 trailers, 1 is 14' long, steel deck, home built with trailer house axles, it can hold anything! and my other is a 8' wide 24' long dove tail goose neck, it is a triple axle trailer, it pulls really nice since it is a goose neck.

I do want to buy one of these days, a smaller trailer, maybe a 10' long at the most, but it will half to be pretty stout to hold my Kubota and Bolens.

• boyscout862 and Oldford have said thanks

#18 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,393 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 12:32 AM

I have a little 4X8, 2,000lbGVW tilt bed that I bought for $60 at an auction, fixed a few things and had to get a registration for (easy to do in NY for trailers under 1,000lb empty-this trailer only weighs 340lb), plan to buy a new equipment trailer this spring after I pass my road test(don't ask should have had it this year) and pay my truck('99 dodge ram2500, 8800lbGVW).

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 10:22 AM

A friend of my son's just got a good deal on a tandem axle car sized trailer, 6 lug axles, brakes and all, lately the deals aren't coming my way.  He had me redo the lights on it, but it is otherwise in good shape.  The ones I'm finding, need "everything" done to them and sellers are wanting more than double what he paid to boot,  to a point of being more worth building from scratch, if only Illinois wasn't so anal retentive about getting a title.  5 years ago a title for a home made trailer was the easiest transaction you could have to do at the DMV, but they "fixed" that, making it by far the most complicated.  so what ever I find must have a title with it if nothing else....

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks