• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted June 11, 2016 - 02:31 PM

so then I need to either find me a shift lever that isn't stripped and isn't busted from removal for the 129 o else transfer the dash tower from the 1650..... the 129 is a ways down the list to get to.... being that I can make most of 1 good tractor from the pair is quite encouraging though....

#17 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted July 10, 2016 - 05:50 PM

while this machine is a few down the list to get to, I have been slowly accumulating parts that I know I will need once this unit becomes the "current" project... got a hydro lever and a drive coupler (engine side) from Feebay/ the original one as badly wallowed out and the (used) replacement I got for it is almost as bad...not quite. In the meantime, a NOS one popped up for ~$20 also I have had a repop one made of billet steel on my "watch" list for about 3X as much.... ended up ordering the billet one yesterday...

The deck that was on here is the older "triangle-ish" shaped one with a big center blade and 2 smaller left/right blades, (unsure of cut width)  with brand new spindle pulleys and idler pulley and tension spring... I put it onto a friend's Cub 1250 as a "loaner" while I replace the bearings in his deck, and considering all the new parts on it (I got it that way) I figured it would be good to go... this has to be the loudest mower deck that I have ever heard run... wow. I think they did all the "visible" parts and didn't replace the bearings.

Edited by dodge trucker, July 10, 2016 - 05:51 PM.

• KennyP said thank you