• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 04:00 PM

And I though I was doing poorly getting 24mpg with my outback hauling 3000lb trailer load of tractors!

I treat it the same as old buzzard though, we tend to combine a long haul trip with other things and make it a short vacation.
  • OldBuzzard and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#17 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 05:12 PM

You cannot just figure the cost of the gas.  You have to figure everything else in too, want to or not.  Just because you call it enjoyment or a mini vacation to see the countryside, it still cost $$ to drive.  Figure your $.26 for gas then add the insurance, license, and all the other maintenance items like tires, oil change batteries, brakes, etc. etc.  That has got to be figured in or you just fooling yourself.  My Avalanche gets right at 17 mpg, 14.5 pulling the trailer.  But it has a lot of comfort that goes with it too that 24 mpg don't have..  That is why I figure it cost me $.50 a mile to drive.  Unless you have someone else paying for the maintenance, it has to be figured in.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#18 Chubien ONLINE  

Chubien
  • Member No: 61561
  • 605 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 06:04 PM

If your comment on 24mpg vehicle was directed at me I'm pretty sure my outback provides at least the comfort of an avalanche but that's another conversation.

I agree with most of what you said although insurance and licensing get paid no matter how much you drive so you can't be factoring that in.
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#19 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 06:39 PM

I think most of us look at this as a hobby,if we factored in our time to go get the stuff,buy the parts,time in repairs, then we decide to sell it to move onto another project,we lost money,very rarely do you come out ahead,if you follow this particular model then you know they are one of the most sought after,I have seen alot of these in way worse shape sell for a whole lot more,for this price well worth a 7-8 hr drive,I emailed the owner and he said the tractor runs and drives as it should,still trying to see what i can do,IMO

Edited by blackjackjakexxix, November 28, 2015 - 08:18 PM.

• OldBuzzard, KennyP and Paulgo have said thanks

#20 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm glad someone is going after the deal. I didn't want to start an argument, just pass along a good deal that I couldn't take advantage of. If I didn't have a 7 month old little guy, and 3 dogs to worry about, I'd definitely enjoy taking a ride to get it. But now things have changed! Lol!
  • blackjackjakexxix and Paulgo have said thanks

#21 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 11:59 AM

Hi Guys, looks like I'm going to pass on this one,don't really have the time to drive out right now,and with the cost of having it shipped I wouldn't have enough wiggle room in it to make much,my plans were to get it,clean it up a little and resell it,as I don't really need it,but I still believe if your looking for one to keep for yourself it's not a bad deal at all,there's a lot of potential there,with the 2 speed rearend a heck of a machine

#22 darkexphos OFFLINE  

darkexphos
  • Member No: 75173
  • 24 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Does anyone know if the cab would fit a Bolens G154?

#23 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 02:30 PM

Do think it would work,BUT as they say a cutting torch and welder you can make anything fit

#24 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Hi Guys, looks like I'm going to pass on this one,don't really have the time to drive out right now,and with the cost of having it shipped I wouldn't have enough wiggle room in it to make much,my plans were to get it,clean it up a little and resell it,as I don't really need it,but I still believe if your looking for one to keep for yourself it's not a bad deal at all,there's a lot of potential there,with the 2 speed rearend a heck of a machine

Yup, paying to ship these machines is anything but cheap unless you can strap them to a pallet and ship through fastenal or freight.

Edited by Austen, December 01, 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#25 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:40 PM

If your comment on 24mpg vehicle was directed at me I'm pretty sure my outback provides at least the comfort of an avalanche but that's another conversation.

I agree with most of what you said although insurance and licensing get paid no matter how much you drive so you can't be factoring that in.

It is still an expense.  That is why I said the more you drive the cheaper it gets on some items.  Insurance and license is one of them.  Just like tires get paid, battery gets paid, etc. etc.  Got to figure ALL expenses in towards your driving cost per mile.  If you was using your vehicle for work and got reimbursed for the mileage wouldn't you want them to figure in the insurance and license?  Especially since your insurance rate would go up?

#26 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,750 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted December 01, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Does anyone know if the cab would fit a Bolens G154?

It would take extensive modification. The Iseki has no fender pan for the back of the cab to rest on or to seal against.