25 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hello everyone. As some know I have been searching for a ht23. Well a guy contacted me with one yesterday. I was pretty excited and then found out where he lived! So I figured that I pass the deal along to a fellow Bolens member, because if that deal was closer to me, I'd be grabbing it for the price. Here are pictures and contact info for anyone closer and interested in snagging it up. His email is: wingn48@yahoo.com, he is asking $800 b/o.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• Gtractor, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 3 others have said thanks

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 01:46 PM

He contacted me as well I was interested but I seen all the hack jobs done to it. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 01:58 PM

If it was 500 miles closer and could get it for $600 I would grab it in a min.  If scrap prices were higher I might even go another
$50 and get rid of all that garbage hanging on the front end.  Cab isn't much good without doors.

Edited by chieffan, November 27, 2015 - 02:00 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 02:07 PM

Yea that's what I was thinking too. Grab it for 6-$650 and fix it up.

#5 BolensChrisUK OFFLINE  

BolensChrisUK
  • Member No: 77828
  • 287 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 02:29 PM

Who would like to ship it to the UK for me please :dancingbanana:

#6 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 03:17 PM

... all that garbage hanging on the front end. ...

If you are referring to what you see in the first pic, that's all part of the trailer that it's sitting on.

As for all of the other negative comments...get real.  It's not that bad, and if it's indecent mechanical shape it's well worth the asking price.

I swear, some of you guys seem to think that sellers should pay you to take it off their hands. :mad2:

• bhts, blackjackjakexxix, Utah Smitty and 4 others have said thanks

#7 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 03:37 PM

If you are referring to what you see in the first pic, that's all part of the trailer that it's sitting on.

As for all of the other negative comments...get real. It's not that bad, and if it's indecent mechanical shape it's well worth the asking price.

I swear, some of you guys seem to think that sellers should pay you to take it off their hands. :mad2:

I agree, it's not that bad at all, he's asking $800 b/o, so if it was close to home I'd probably have it in the garage for 7-$750. Then I thought he was near Cleveland because that's the add he responded too. If he was near Cleveland I would of went up to $650 and went and got it. But then I found out he is 10+ hour ride. So I can't do that, and shipping is around $600. So it just won't work for me.
  • OldBuzzard said thank you

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 03:42 PM

Hey, I'll let anyone pay me to take there bolens off there hands any day.    This one been sitting out side for 2 years I would be just saving it from sitting out side rusting away!

#9 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 04:37 PM

As for all of the other negative comments...get real.  It's not that bad, and if it's indecent mechanical shape it's well worth the asking price.

I agree OB,I know one guy in particular his moto is, if it's $50.00 or free its for me on most stuff

• OldBuzzard, WrenchinOnIt and Paulgo have said thanks

#10 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,763 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 04:39 PM

Wonder how hard it snowing up there right now,hummm,road trip ?

• WrenchinOnIt said thank you

#11 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,515 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 05:07 PM

Well it's a later model (mid 80's) 23, plastic dash, mower deck has the double wheels, can't tell what's been hacked up, not seeing anything jumping out in pics anyways .... Curious on hours . IMO price is on the lower end.... really. Cab has saved the seat area and dash from some weather. Maybe they have the doors... Cab that's there will keep a lot off the snow off you if your casting it. Tins look straight,muffler solid, appears to be inside now, agree with OB if it runs and operates solidly price is a good one, most 23's have a comma after the first digit now days price wise

Edited by WrenchinOnIt, November 27, 2015 - 05:15 PM.

• OldBuzzard, blackjackjakexxix, Utah Smitty and 2 others have said thanks

#12 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 05:52 PM

Price doesn't seem bad at all for what you're getting.

• OldBuzzard and blackjackjakexxix have said thanks

#13 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 11:37 AM

I think it is a good price for it if it runs and operates good. Not sure of the year but only thing that jumps out as what some call a hack job is the frame repair. But it was a weak point and not the first one or the last one I will see that way. The dash has been replaced or at least the decal as it is from the later ones with cruise control. The deck looks in good shape missing the shields at least I don't see them in the pics the rear wheels have been replaced on it. The cab looks good not sure if the doors are there but if not it is a good start. It does look like when repairs where done they used the correct parts not like a car alternator is hanging off the side. I wish it was closer as it would already be here.

• OldBuzzard, blackjackjakexxix and Utah Smitty have said thanks

#14 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,166 Thanks
  • 4,507 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 02:18 PM

I missed seeing that the winch, etc. was part of the trailer.  My mistake.  A cab with no doors and broken glass is no cab at all.  Maybe oldbuzzard can drive for hundreds of miles for nothing but it cost be about $.50 a mile at best pulling a trailer.  Even knocking off 500 miles still leaves a couple hundred one way for driving.  $600 would still be no bargain after trip expense if figured in.  No way for me either.  :(

Edited by chieffan, November 28, 2015 - 02:19 PM.

#15 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 28, 2015 - 02:47 PM

Dang, chief, what the heck are you driving?

The HMS Rainmaker gets 7 MPG pulling the trailer, and at the current price of gas here in Oberlin, that  translates into $0.26/mile.

I could make the round trip to Milwaukee for just a tad over $200.00.

We never counted the travel costs for getting any tractor or implement as we always treated the trip more like a mini vacation because we enjoyed the travel and seeing the country.

I can understand other's concern about traveling and the cost of  it though.

• chieffan said thank you