23 replies to this topic

#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 03:08 PM

Sorry guys, but I don't have any of those problems with my TracFone, and it only cost me $24 for 3 months. I have a $50 laptop and CD manuals for the shop and a desk top when I want to get on the net. Only way to go.

You are the opposite of me. I don't own a desktop or laptop. We have no PCs in the house. Even my parents desktop gathers dust after I bought them each a Samsung 10.1 tablet.

I have a tablet, my phone, and a dell venue tablet convertable that I can snap a keyboard onto. I have no need for a computer at home. I do have my work laptop but its really only used for documents and spread sheets. I use my phone and tablets for all my other business functions.

I don't own a digital camera, a GPS, music playing device(mp3 CD record whatever), I stream cast movies and videos to my TV set so no DVD player, and I have no need for a land lane either as my other devices can function as those. Personally I'll take my mobile devices over any laptop/desktop

Not many people left feel as you do about mobile devices. Even my wife's great aunt who is 89 years old has embraced the iPhone and loves it. She is always looking up stuff that 89 year old ladies would be interested in

Edited by toomanytoys84, November 27, 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,435 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 03:59 PM

My problem with a phone is I have to have a huge magnifying glass to read anything! I'm happy with my PC!

#18 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 304 Thanks
  • 237 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Please don't fight, the moderaters have enough trouble with me being a newbie, newbie trouble maker would not be good

#19 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 04:11 PM

What? Not fighting, just Debating!  We always do that here!  Best part is.......you can turn it OFF!  Ha! :smilewink:

#20 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 304 Thanks
  • 237 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 05:21 PM

What? Not fighting, just Debating! We always do that here! Best part is.......you can turn it OFF! Ha! :smilewink:

#21 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 304 Thanks
  • 237 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 05:22 PM

What? Not fighting, just Debating! We always do that here! Best part is.......you can turn it OFF! Ha! :smilewink:

#22 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • 304 Thanks
  • 237 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Keeping it on seems to be my problem lol, I sent you the pics of that Jim dandy and then ... hid them, Doug t fixed it, was in the what is it topic

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,280 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 06:14 PM

I think tapatalk is a great software been using it for years when I owned a garden forum. I like that I can switch between all the forums I'm on from the software.

It's not a bad software, ive used it myself. I stopped because so often it's easier to moderate from the full version. However, at least two of the leading forum softwares will be removing support for it soon. With the new adaptive themes and the interaction capabilities between the software and the device, it will render those reading programs obsolete.
  • bbuckler said thank you

#24 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 06:51 PM

Huh? 'Nuff said?