• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PowerKingCharles OFFLINE  

PowerKingCharles
  • Member No: 9560
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 11:27 AM

I'm looking for a complete power steering system for a 1614 Economy Tractor. I have a front end loader on mine and am going to have to put power steering on it from a plastic body or sell/trade it.

Attached Thumbnails

• PowerKing Loader 15.JPG

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 02:21 PM

Not sure how to do that. I have Plastic Kings with system, but is a centered wheel and only connected to tractor with Hoses, no mechanical connection. About same systems as Deere and others have used in later years. I even once owned a Speedex which had just ONE big cylinder layed sideways behind the axle, just under the hood. Went from frame one side to the steering arm on other and then there was link to other side off that. BUT, still had the box steering control, just under the dash and another flow box ? thing in frame to run it all. User Name on here once wanted someone to come up with a system for metal tractors and was offering the parts to do that if someone wanted to build I believe. He also  had link to someone who DID P/S on a metal tractor, had some pictures, was thinking on here also??  Took a clever guy to do it. Ask Username in a pm maybe?

• Alc said thank you

#3 PowerKingCharles OFFLINE  

PowerKingCharles
  • Member No: 9560
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 10:18 AM

There's a guy who posted a craigslist ad around my home town with a power king steel body that had an added Power King plastic body power steering system fabbed up to fit. It didn't look that great, but sometimes looks vs. serviceability is a no brainer. The down side is he wants WAY too much for what it is. $2750 . 

• Alc said thank you

#4 zuren OFFLINE  

zuren
  • Member No: 65629
  • 37 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 10:18 AM

I did a little bit of research into adding power steering to a metal Power King.  You might be able to scab something together after a lot of time, energy and expense but everyone told me to buy a tractor that came with P/S or has dedicated ktis to convert.