#1 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:18 PM

I am thinking about contacting this guy. Is this a good price or a high price?

http://chambana.crai...5332389218.html

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:21 PM

In my opinion it is a little high, The blower is not a Bolens one so I dont really consider it a value in the asking price.

• Traill95 said thank you

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:34 PM

whether the blower is the same brand as the tractor would not be an issue as long as it works alright and wasn't a cobble-job  setup.

I see there are a couple of Deere and Ariens walk behinds on CL  8 to 10 HP, for that and more (not sayin they are gonna get that money for their machines, just that they are out there)   Comparatively speaking, that thing looks like a tank and if you have a big driveway (parking lot?)  and would sure save time and backache.... for the price it's worth a look-at.

Edited by dodge trucker, November 25, 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Looks like a heck of a machine...

#5 Bolens QT-17 OFFLINE  

Bolens QT-17
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77823
  • 119 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:46 PM

That looks like a hard worker to me! But the price is a little high.

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 08:09 PM

All depends on the over all condition and if you have a need for a large blower like that.  If you have an area to clear to feed a few livestock and a large lawn to mow would make it more feasible.  Nothing says the tractor and blower have to be the same brand or color.

#7 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 08:30 PM

Looks a little rough but that price is on par for what they bring. These are commercial machines and are much larger than most garden tractors. Spoke to the man and he says it was rolled before he owned it. He says it is mechanically sound it just isn't pretty. If anyone takes it I am interested in the blower, I am willing to buy that if you would want to sell it. He also said he has the deck but it has never been attached. If someone buys it I have body panels and a plow for sale along with some structural members and a deck body.

#8 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,344 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Asking $900.00,probably buy for $800.00,fair price,they are a heck of a machine,all in if you will be happy

#9 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 09:02 PM

Looks a little rough but that price is on par for what they bring. These are commercial machines and are much larger than most garden tractors. Spoke to the man and he says it was rolled before he owned it. He says it is mechanically sound it just isn't pretty. If anyone takes it I am interested in the blower, I am willing to buy that if you would want to sell it. He also said he has the deck but it has never been attached. If someone buys it I have body panels and a plow for sale along with some structural members and a deck body.

Being rolled I bet there is a lot of stuff bent on it how bad is it really. I cant tell if it still has the factory gas tanks on it those were known to go bad. 

#10 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 09:14 PM

The tanks are usually rotted, at least the last four of mine were. He said that it was pretty rough and hedidn't like the way it steered. This makes me wonder why, they are if nothing else very easy to steer and fun to boot. At least now I have found the long lost solution to the broken steering valve, they are NLA and nobody has been able to steer me in the right direction as far as a new valve. The steering valve off a john Deere 400 is identical so all of us GK guys can rest easy now as that broken valve is a little more accessible than last thought. If someone picks this up I would be willing to trade a bolens plow that came off a parts unit for that blower.

#11 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,685 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 09:41 PM

I consider the price to be a steal. If it was closer....

#12 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 12:37 AM

I think the price is reasonable in the $800 range. I noted that the cab windshield appears to be a piece of plexiglass held on with red tape. The original may be a casualty of the rollover. The blower looks like it might be a Berco modified to fit the GK. If it is a functional conversion I guess it would be OK.

#13 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 09:30 AM

I have always wanted a twin auger blower, so if anyone knows of one shoot me a pm. I was Leary when the pis are only of one side and the blower seems to be the focal point,this machine is 2000 pounds so a rollover would be devastating. Especially due to the cab and cowls being fiberglass! They are a stout machine so probably would be OK structurally, parts aren't easy to come by, obtainable but sure not as easy as point and click. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Eric.