• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 06:57 PM

I thought it might be economy when I brought it home a wile back but have found a newer version (what's left of it anyway) for parts that says porter-cable on it and is about 100lbs lighter and looks to be single purpose as a tiller, the GT in question (if that's what it is) has a very heavy post or tool bar on the front for implement(s)(plow,sodbreaker ?)and is set in some impressive cast iron, model 8 Briggs ser.no.says it's a 1954,wheels are 7in. 5 spoke two piece cast iron, motor rocks from right to left for belt tension and gang pullies that go from snail to rabbit, the pics can be seen on karrbear2008 (my girl friend set up the account wile looking for info.on the hoe-trac, karrbear doesn't fit me and I'm playing it safe with the pic's for now so Doug t can do better things) the handle bars swing out (to minimise soil compaction I think)this thing weighs more than any walk behind I have or have ran,this site is great and I'm sure I'll know what I have soon enough
  • earthgrinder and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Now you're trying to confuse me. Let me warn you, there's no sport in it, its too easy!  If you're talking about what I think I see in the other pictures, I'm thinking rototiller. Check out this website and see if you can find it there.

http://www.zucksrototillers.com  Don't ever worry about asking for help. That's what we are here for. We just like to have a little fun along the way.

• earthgrinder, MH81 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#3 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 09:09 PM

This site has me digging deep for that stuff I just couldn't put my finger on, if it digs dirt I'll dig it the older the better, I'll try to control myself from now on(to much iron in blood) and thanks again, now if I don't hide or delete anything it's off to that link you gave me

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:57 PM

Jimmy G welcome to GTT. Good Luck, Rick

#5 earthgrinder ONLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 844 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted November 26, 2015 - 07:54 AM

I just revised the page for Porter-Cable 133 tillers
http://zucksrototill...m/Roto133a.html

Edited by earthgrinder, November 26, 2015 - 07:56 AM.

• DougT, Gtractor, Bruce Dorsi and 2 others have said thanks

#6 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 01:08 AM

WOW!!that is some nice rototillers,and them attachments are as cool as it gets,sickle bar, water pump really, I'm blown away and can't believe I own one, and left wondering why it's not considered a walk behind tractor if you could (thirereticly)follow it with a rake and bailer,I apparently have some learning to do,this site seems to be full of wizards and guru's that can summon great knowledge with the swing of a finger so learning I am,thank you for this great information
  • earthgrinder and KennyP have said thanks

#7 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 08:48 AM

Now you're trying to confuse me. Let me warn you, there's no sport in it, its too easy! If you're talking about what I think I see in the other pictures, I'm thinking rototiller. Check out this website and see if you can find it there.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com Don't ever worry about asking for help. That's what we are here for. We just like to have a little fun along the way.

#8 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 08:58 AM

I see now, rototiller is the brand name, the link you gave me was great thanks, I see thanks in my notifications, how do I do this (all done hiding stuff, gonna ask first lol).
  • earthgrinder said thank you

#9 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 09:15 AM

I see now, rototiller is the brand name, the link you gave me was great thanks, I see thanks in my notifications, how do I do this (all done hiding stuff, gonna ask first lol).

You should see a THANKS button in the lower right of a post. Clicking that will thank the person that made the post.

If you follow the link that Earthgrinder  sent, Porter Cable actually bought out Rototiller. I didn't realize that myself so I learned something too. He should know, it's his website.

• earthgrinder said thank you

#10 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 09:27 AM

I have a check mark on upper right, I'm going to hit it

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 09:44 AM

I have a check mark on upper right, I'm going to hit it

WRONG! You locked the topic!

#12 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • 308 Thanks
  • 240 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 10:05 AM

WRONG! You locked the topic!

you are right, wrong again should be my user name, I have no thank you button and want to show my appreciation and don't want rude on my long list of dumb (is this how you get them warning points)

#13 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted November 27, 2015 - 10:36 AM

you are right, wrong again should be my user name, I have no thank you button and want to show my appreciation and don't want rude on my long list of dumb (is this how you get them warning points)

Here is a section of the forum that explains how things work. It should help with the learning curve.  http://gardentractor...ggestions-news/  There is more kidding about warning points than are actually handed out. If we see actions that would lead to warning points we usually send a private message to discuss it before the points are given. There is probably info on the point system at the link above.

• earthgrinder and holdenboy1960 have said thanks