9 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 24, 2015 - 08:28 PM

It's not on an interesting topic to me usually but its about obesity and this man's quest to fast for 60 days by only drinking juice. Fresh vegetables and fruits juice.

It's called fat sick and nearly dead. It's on Netflix if you use it.

Quite interesting as a whole. It includes a ton of interviews he has done with people across the US about their health, eating habits and just life in general.

It is very interesting for some reason. Worth a watch if you are wanting something different.

I am over weight still about 30 pounds or so. I work at it. Gave me a lot to think about. I'm not going to do what he has done but I want to do something.

Edited by toomanytoys84, November 24, 2015 - 08:43 PM.

• Alc, Oldford, 637Yeoman and 1 other said thanks

#2 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman

The Simplicity collector

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 465 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted November 24, 2015 - 08:39 PM

It's not on an interesting topic to me usually but its about obesity and this man's quest to fast for 60 days by only drinking juice. Fresh vegetables and fruits juice.

Quite interesting as a whole. It includes a ton of interviews he has done with people across the US about their health, eating habits and just life in general.

It is very interesting for some reason. Worth a watch if you are wanting something different.

I am over weight still about 30 pounds or so. I work at it. Gave me a lot to think about. I'm not going to do what he has done but I want to do something.

Congrats on the weight loss! :thumbs:

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted November 24, 2015 - 08:57 PM

I'm over by a lot more than 30 after my quitting smoking.

Losing a pound here and there, but some came back recently (dunno why, but it did)

I'll watch it if I feel like receiving inspiration.

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 24, 2015 - 09:09 PM

Ive lost 20 pounds but I don't really try anything but not eating fast food as much.

Quitting smoking hurts in many ways.
  • Alc said thank you

#5 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,039 Thanks
  • 775 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 02:54 AM

You realy want to loose weight? NO Grain products and no SOY At All!   YOU WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!

#6 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 05:06 AM

I too am overweight. If I lost 30 pounds and kept it off, I would feel better I am sure. My problem is I have no will-power.

My wife has cut out carbs and since spring, she has lost over 50 pounds. She looks and feels much better!

• Alc said thank you

#7 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 10:39 AM

You realy want to loose weight? NO Grain products and no SOY At All!   YOU WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!

My method of choice is weight watchers original.  Basically teaches you that you can eat anything you want, but you have to stay within your daily calorie intake.  If you exercise you can eat more, if you make healthy choices you can eat more.  On weight watchers you can go eat a big mac, but that's all your food for the day since it is so high in calories and fat.

Cutting out carbs, cutting out fats, ect all work, but is that a sustainable diet plan?  Do you just not eat bread or potatoes for the rest of your life? 

Everyone I know who has done a diet like that has ended it and gained all the weight back.

My biggest problem is I am not active enough.

#8 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:00 AM

That is a good video but i have a different take on the overweight thing.  In my case i was pretty fit, army career, went to the gym nights, ran on weekends, etc.  Then i went the gulf war (with about 100,000 other people), got sick, tired, joint pain, gained around 20 lbs, but the army kept more off, until i couldn't run any more.  Then i got lyme disease and gained another 20 lbs, just couldn't exercise or go to the field.  A few years later i had some bad dental work now lodged way up in my gums and my weight shot up over 200, crippling headaches, etc.

Last year i tried the green juice diet, wife got a juicer she loves it.  I lost 20 lbs in a month, then stalled out, couple weeks later i got real bad headaches had to go back to solid food.  Got kind of starved and gained it all back plus a little more.

Year before that i ate raw fruit & vegetables, and juice, for 4 months, same story, stalled at 20lbs off then started feeling terrible so gained it all back with a worse diet than before.

Now i'm just sticking to healthy foods, nothing fried, no sugar, etc, lots of veggies, mostly organic/no gmo.  I can ride a trike with an electric motor and sweat over my tractors 8 months out of the year, winters i go to the sauna cross country ski in the yard.  I'm stuck at 220 but my bloodwork is good and i feel ok most days.

My point is not everyone can just go on a crash diet or new exercise plan and drop the weight.  Some people can and that's great but not every body is the same, maybe genetic, maybe illnes, injury, etc.  Sure some fat people might just be lazy but not everybody.  See a lot of hate for fat people but i try not to judge until i hear the guy's story, including my own good luck

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#9 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Now i'm just sticking to healthy foods, nothing fried, no sugar, etc, lots of veggies, mostly organic/no gmo. 

There you go.  That is what I am trying to do not although I fall short some days.  My main thing is fast food and avoiding that. 

The documentary I thought the interesting thing was the amount of processed foods we eat.  How man has progressed from hunter gathers.  Even as a farming people you still had to work for every bit of food that you had.

I am also "over weight" but my blood work is clean, and losing what I have lost and eliminating most of my fast food intake has reduced it down to where it should be very easily. 

Like I said in my original post I am not sold on the green juice diet.  But found the process interesting.  Mainly, the fact that I need to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.   

Edited by toomanytoys84, November 25, 2015 - 11:43 AM.

• Oldford said thank you

#10 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,615 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted November 25, 2015 - 02:30 PM

The food offered on grocery stores is nothing but slow acting poison.  it has all kinds of unnecessary ingredients and chemicals specifically designed to make us obese.  Obesity is very profitable for the health care industry.  Entire hospitals are built just because of obesity.  Health care has become big business.

I live in a town of less than 10,000 people and we have a BRAND NEW $41,000,000 hospital.  It was built by a corporation that specializes [thats really a false accusation with this outfit] in healthcare.  The city owns the ground, and therefore the building, the new hospital sits on.  Thats how much this healthcare corporation plans to recoup on their investment. They basically donated 41 million dollars to the city just to get control of all the sick people that walk, or are wheeled through the door.  CRAZY STUFF! 

Pharmaceutical companies don't create cures.  Theres no money in that!  They create customers - usually for life. Follow the money trail.   Healthcare today is all about getting the money out of your pocket and into theirs.

I'll shut up now.

• grnspot110, shorty, EricR and 2 others have said thanks