• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Bigger Hammer OFFLINE  

Bigger Hammer
  • Member No: 77985
  • 6 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 11, 2015 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the positive replies! I have run it some more,and it runs well but with some noise. I have to look into it further, but it sounds like noise in the valves. I may just pull the engine apart just to be safe. I may just pull the whole thing apart and respray it in the spring (only wood heat in the shop)

#17 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 12, 2015 - 01:06 PM

Least you have all the little belt covers and such, nothing missing like many older ones are.  I like the "dash" controls on the side by engine, kind of a start before you mount way to get going. Make sure in Neutral then, ha! That seat mount looks diff than my later models some how. Similar, yet the bars are laid flat accross seat mount and I don't have the little section for going up or down position with them. Wonder if someone made those to lower fenders?  Hard to tell with Speedex, most things look home-made right from their factory on many models. I see the belt cover mount repair, common broken area also. Be glad it has the K engine and not the BS. 

• Bigger Hammer said thank you

#18 Bigger Hammer OFFLINE  

Bigger Hammer
  • Member No: 77985
  • 6 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 04:51 PM

Looking at pictures in a brochure, the seat and fender mounts appear to be stock, but I will have to check them further.

Speaking of the dash controls, I would like to return mine to stock but it has an aftermarket throttle cable on it. Does someone have a source for a throttle control which is close to stock? It seems that most pictures I can find for the S series are hard to see the throttle control, does someone have a clear picture of the throttle and choke controls? According to the manual, this control was common with S-14, S-17, S-18, and S-19.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speedex, s18