• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,761 Thanks
  • 4,273 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 08:55 AM

You guys in the path of this storm are really getting it again.  11" in Chicago our local news was reporting.  Wet heavy stuff so hard to move.  Blade is out of the question and be slow going with a good blower too.  We only got about an inch max in this area.  Heavier as one went North.  That's OK as I have a lawn cart of standing corn to pick by hand yet.  Fuel for the stove and much to wet for any machine to get to it.  Almost got the GT stuck last time with 1/2 a load.  No helper this time though.

Help w Corn-8.JPG     Help w Corn-10.JPG

• Gtractor, Alc, pharmer and 2 others have said thanks

#2 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:33 AM

yeah the 11" was way north end of Chicago, an hour south of it, I have about 3-1/2"

• Alc, pharmer and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 pharmer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for keeping away from New England for us. I love snow as long its somewhere else.
  • chris m, boyscout862, dodge trucker and 3 others have said thanks

#4 Buddy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45481
  • 147 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:02 AM

I agree with you pharmer 100%.  Add the mid-atlantic states too. Keep it away ...

• pharmer and chieffan have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,761 Thanks
  • 4,273 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:35 AM

I don't really mind snow as that is part of winter.  Kind of like buying a truck, the wipers go with it.  Snow can be moved out of the way.  Ice is another ball game that I don't like playing in.  Any time we get more than 10' from the house we are going up or down grade.  Each have 2 pair of ice walkers, like the mail carriers use.

Edited by chieffan, November 22, 2015 - 10:36 AM.

• propane1 said thank you

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,502 Thanks
  • 6,372 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 12:08 PM

We got 4" around me in IN, more up North near MI. This morning it looks like it is about 1/2 as thick. Haven't shoveled or plowed, maybe I won't, or not much anyway, supposed to warm up next couple days and will be gone.   Went out and pushed a little with JD, then got out the Speedex for the back. Front is kinda frozen, doesn't get the sun like back, so has layer of little crispy stuff left behind. Back the drive was already melted, but ran a path to house doors and mailbox like I always do on grass. Tractor worked great, tore up the yard a little, and snow came right off clean on grass, no crispy there. Sun will clean it all up next few days.

Edited by glgrumpy, November 22, 2015 - 04:08 PM.