• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 01:46 PM

really he is probably smart for selling now. the market is going to be flooded with garden tractors engines etc...
I know few antique dealers in other markets all say the same thing. the younger next generation very few are interested in what there grandparents collected
  • MGP59DB said thank you

#17 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 08:21 PM

really he is probably smart for selling now. the market is going to be flooded with garden tractors engines etc...
I know few antique dealers in other markets all say the same thing. the younger next generation very few are interested in what there grandparents collected

I think it takes time for the next generation to embrace vintage items...Its not that they are not interested,,they just have been bitten. I have slowly passed a few items on to my children,,one a Royal Empire Loyalists vintage rocker in the family for generations,,if it were not for babies they would have passed them up...our 11.5 lb grandson born last Friday is being held by my other grandson who was a lightweight 10 pounder ,,,point is they are not disinterested,,mine love my vintage toys etc

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Jazz, November 22, 2015 - 08:33 PM.