• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 02dmaxx OFFLINE  

02dmaxx

• Member No: 2777
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 07:21 PM

I have an HT20 that I bought sight on seen. Never heard it run,for 8 bills only because it had a 3 point and I figured I could use it for a parts tractor. After tearing the seat pan off,I found that the driveshaft came off the transmission and beat the tar out of the hydro. lines and lift linkage. I straightend everything,put a piece of rubber hose on the one broken tranny line(return line),put gas and a battery in it and it fired right up.No smoke. I would hate to sell it,all it needs is the line replaced,which I imagine a piece of flared brake line will work,and a few dents hammered out and paint.I also replaced the fan on the shaft. I removed the hitch for my other HT20. Is my giving price a fair asking price? I am willing to let it go with a 2 stage 48" thrower and a 54" deck for $1500.00. Is that too high?
I always say,"It's all in what you want." But seriously....

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted April 20, 2011 - 06:02 PM

It's really hard to give an opinion without pics to go by. Everyone has a different way of interpreting a written description, where a pic ...well, it's just much easier.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 20, 2011 - 07:42 PM

A couple of the Bolens guys would be able to give you a better answer. I think your giving price for the tractor plus a hundred or two is a good starting point for just the tractor.

#4 02dmaxx OFFLINE  

02dmaxx

• Member No: 2777
  • 0 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 20, 2011 - 09:30 PM

A couple of the Bolens guys would be able to give you a better answer. I think your giving price for the tractor plus a hundred or two is a good starting point for just the tractor.

Thank you. I really don't understand the picture thing.. When I purchase,I check the oil,kick the tires....take it for a ride. A fresh paint job and stickers doesn't do it for me. Ussualy a "Dupont overhaul" means something is wrong. I work construction,and I've painted my fair share of equipment just to move. Unless some 90 year old man stored it in his basement since new,which could be bad news any way,I prefer to see something WORK before I throw down hard earned cash. God for bid,if my tractor had 3 hours on the clock,original paint and stickers,I would ask a fortune! Like I said,I do not HAVE to sell,nor do I really want to,but I refuse to sell for less than what I paid. As a matter of fact,I'm asking exactly what I paid!I will part it out before I lose a couple hundred on a perfectly good running,working anything. AAHH.Sorry for the little rant...

#5 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 20, 2011 - 09:35 PM

I dont look at bolens but I think that 1200 is a better number assuming it works 100% and the paint is OK.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:21 AM

Thank you. I really don't understand the picture thing.. When I purchase,I check the oil,kick the tires....take it for a ride. A fresh paint job and stickers doesn't do it for me. Ussualy a "Dupont overhaul" means something is wrong. I work construction,and I've painted my fair share of equipment just to move. Unless some 90 year old man stored it in his basement since new,which could be bad news any way,I prefer to see something WORK before I throw down hard earned cash. God for bid,if my tractor had 3 hours on the clock,original paint and stickers,I would ask a fortune! Like I said,I do not HAVE to sell,nor do I really want to,but I refuse to sell for less than what I paid. As a matter of fact,I'm asking exactly what I paid!I will part it out before I lose a couple hundred on a perfectly good running,working anything. AAHH.Sorry for the little rant...

I don't know if maybe you misinterpreted my post but I said about adding a couple hundred to what you gave for the tractor for the asking price for just the tractor without any attachments. The large frames do usually bring a decent amount. I think your asking price with the attachments is fair.

#7 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 08:37 AM

It's really hard to give an opinion without pics to go by. Everyone has a different way of interpreting a written description, where a pic ...well, it's just much easier.

Pictures would definitely help, but from what your describing $1200 a little more/less sounds about right.
Maybe once a large frame guy comes along he will have a better answer.