7 replies to this topic

#1 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,869 Thanks
  • 2,789 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 02:46 PM

Today's mission which I chose to accept, took me across the Delaware river into Pa.to look at a 1958 wheel horse RJ, although a deal could not be made because of the wretched condition of the tractor, a silver lining presented it self,in that I had the pleasure of meeting a fellow New Jerseyan and GTT member jabelman. Jason and I have a lot in common, we both like a variety in our collection's and have some of the same GTS. In fact Jason led me to my second Gemco Big Boy. Jason's collection would be the envy of any serious collector especially his Porter Cable tractors which I'm smitten with. Thanks Jason for inviting me to see your very nice collection and look I forward to our continued friendship. Hank. NOTE THE WHEELHORSE WAS NOT Jason's

Edited by HANKG, November 21, 2015 - 02:55 PM.

• olcowhand, Alc, Chris11 and 9 others have said thanks

#2 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,807 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 04:52 PM

There are some great people on here, I have met plenty including you hang and have been pleased to do so.  glad you had fun.

Pete

• truck21, sacsr and HANKG have said thanks

#3 truck21 ONLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 04:52 PM

I also had the pleasure of meeting a fellow member today also a new jeresyan Bruce Dorsi. Bruce and his wife came to PA to pick up a part. We had a great visit with two very good people. I truly enjoy meeting new people through this great hobby. I have had the chance to meet several members and haven't run into a bad one yet. Big thanks to George for starting this great site and to all of you guys who help to keep it great.

Don.
  • Alc, Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#4 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:23 PM

thank you for kind words it is great to put a face to name finally. I was told when I first got into tractors that there are no better people than tractor people.
so true.
glad you got the chance to stop by, come back anytime
  • KennyP and HANKG have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:29 PM

Glad you guys got to meet up and visit a bit! I have met several members so far! All great folks!

• HANKG said thank you

#6 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:33 PM

Glad you guys got to meet

I'd like to meet some more of you guys. I got to meet David.brown when me and my dad bought the pk deck off him a couple years ago.
  • HANKG said thank you

#7 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,193 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:37 PM

I haven't met a bad member yet either. New Jersey is close enough to meet a few of you guys. I have a few attachments to build Jason's porter cable collection.
  • HANKG said thank you

#8 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,167 Thanks
  • 2,142 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 07:20 PM

I also had the pleasure of meeting a fellow member today also a new jeresyan Bruce Dorsi. Bruce and his wife came to PA to pick up a part. We had a great visit with two very good people. I truly enjoy meeting new people through this great hobby. I have had the chance to meet several members and haven't run into a bad one yet. Big thanks to George for starting this great site and to all of you guys who help to keep it great.

Don.

Thanks for the kind words, Don !!  .......The pleasure was truly reciprocal, as my wife and I were talking about you & Bonnie during our trip home.  ......You both made us feel so comfortable, and the 2+ hours passed very quickly (at least for us!).

Thanks again for your kindness and generosity !!!!!!!!!  And, thank you for the visit to your basement, I really enjoyed seeing that. 

~~~Bruce

• truck21 and HANKG have said thanks