Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Any one have experience using the Square credit card reader?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 02:22 PM

Like the title says. I'm looking at getting one for work so we can take cards again.  It looks like a good deal and easy to use without getting charged the obscene amounts we were when we had an actual machine sitting on the counter.  I've read their website and it seems like a good deal but I also found it for sale on Amazon and some of the reviews are disturbing in that people were saying their money was being held for up to 90+ days and that there is no phone number to call just an email.  Any advice on this would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance, Stewart

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 03:44 PM

Not sure what you are talking about.  All the cards are going to chip in them and you just poke in a slot, not slide. That? Would think most places will have to go that way, like or not, just will be that way till next upgrade item comes along. I would think ANY business that does not take debit and credit is gonna lose customers and sales any more. Myself and others now days have very little cash in wallets these days.  I used to pass on things because not enuf money there, where as now with debit card, might make bigger purchases and more too if I see things I like.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 03:56 PM

I went to a new small business near me the other day where I used a credit card and I saw they used a cell phone for the charges.  The reader was black, where square I thought was white, so I asked.  They said they used to use Square, but it was a pain, so they switched companies.  I forget what they used, but it worked just like Square in that it plugged into their cell phone.

• diesel nut and HANKG have said thanks

#4 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,509 Thanks
  • 3,387 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 09:15 PM

I used Square the last 3-4 years before we closed the upholstery shop. Worked fine, good security and fair rates.