• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Chopperhed ONLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 08:45 PM

a lady i dated a hundred years ago in Bracebridge On frequently sported a t-shirt "slippery when wet,,isn't everybody" So use caution,,plastic bed liners should be labelled with warnings..those things are slicker than snot on a steering wheel when wet

I prefer "slicker than snot on a door knob" or "slicker than goose sh*t on a hot tin roof".

And I have experience with goose sh*t and tin roofs.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#32 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:23 PM

I prefer "slicker than snot on a door knob" or "slicker than goose sh*t on a hot tin roof".

And I have experience with goose sh*t and tin roofs.

Not surprised ,,,,when I worked in Fox Creek decades ago  R&R in Edmonton was indeed the tenderloin of Alberta....

#33 Chopperhed ONLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:46 PM

Not surprised ,,,,when I worked in Fox Creek decades ago  R&R in Edmonton was indeed the tenderloin of Alberta....

I haven't been to FC in years, but it wasn't the worst town to work out of.
Oil dropped out, and everything has gone to the crapper lately. There isn't any work to be had. But I do love being in Edmonton.

It the end of November, and the bikes are still out.

The hospitality hasn't changed and the people are still good, but it's getting harder.

Edited by Chopperhed, November 22, 2015 - 09:54 PM.

• Jazz and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#34 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,062 Thanks
  • 787 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 03:43 AM

a lady i dated a hundred years ago in Bracebridge On frequently sported a t-shirt "slippery when wet,,isn't everybody" So use caution,,plastic bed liners should be labelled with warnings..those things are slicker than snot on a steering wheel when wet

Paint and sand,old navy trick.

#35 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 05:58 AM

Back when we were doing a lot of handicap ramps, we would add this to paint for them. Did a great job! The sand needs to be pretty fine for this! Thickens the paint, too. I would roll it on with the texture in it.

• MH81, Alc and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#36 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 08:26 AM

Back when we were doing a lot of handicap ramps, we would add this to paint for them. Did a great job! The sand needs to be pretty fine for this! Thickens the paint, too. I would roll it on with the texture in it.

That stuff works great.  We used that to paint the Father-in-Laws wheel chair ramps last year.  Everyone was falling down them when it was raining since they were made out of plow wood.  It worked out nice.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#37 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,406 Thanks
  • 1,540 posts

Posted November 23, 2015 - 11:43 PM

I agree with adding texture to the bed, I also have fallen on those dang bedliners (my dad old truck had one, my truck has a cap and will stay that way but if it didn't it would have a roll on bedliner in it), fell far more times on DRY hay wagons as the floors wear completely smooth, add hay dirt(dust) and have fun, fell through a few too.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#38 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 28, 2015 - 11:49 AM

I haven't been to FC in years, but it wasn't the worst town to work out of.
Oil dropped out, and everything has gone to the crapper lately. There isn't any work to be had. But I do love being in Edmonton.

It the end of November, and the bikes are still out.

The hospitality hasn't changed and the people are still good, but it's getting harder.

With things slowed down in oil industry new projects in the east starting... my daughter had a shipping container arrive Xmas eve to have it loaded by the Jan 4th,,.Halifax bound for the Goldsboro project...its a biggy. 

• Chopperhed said thank you

#39 Chopperhed ONLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted December 28, 2015 - 04:08 PM

With things slowed down in oil industry new projects in the east starting... my daughter had a shipping container arrive Xmas eve to have it loaded by the Jan 4th,,.Halifax bound for the Goldsboro project...its a biggy.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to relocate, so I have to wait and see. I've applied for over 140 jobs in 10 months, I've had 7 interviews. I'm supposed to interview for a millwright position again this week, but they haven't said when.
  • holdenboy1960 said thank you