sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 05:42 PM

The 336D is not a refurbished tractor. The 3 digit Yanmar's were made I believe around 1984 or so and were made to be sold in the USA. This was the largest tractor they offered at that time. Later Yanmar made a deal with John Deere to stop selling tractors and just selling JD their small diesels that JD used in the some of their models. For JD to chose their motor in JD tractors says a lot about Yanmar's quality. I bought my used 186D from a JD dealer in PA.  The D designates 4wh drive.

• MH81, OldBuzzard, Alc and 1 other said thanks

#17 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,317 Thanks
  • 937 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 06:00 PM

I'll just buy a green one for 1/3 the price, but thanks anyway (not too often you get a chance to say that!!)

#18 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 12:19 AM

... Later Yanmar made a deal with John Deere to stop selling tractors and just selling JD their small diesels that JD used in the some of their models. For JD to chose their motor in JD tractors ...

The JD 650, 750, 850, 950, and the hydro n55 versions were 100% Yanmar made.

• Alc and sacsr have said thanks

#19 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 991 Thanks
  • 674 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 07:51 PM

I have no quarrel with yanmar as far as motors go they are top notch. Apparently I just have issues with guys who own them and believe they are somehow made of solid gold with a bit of moon rock for weight! The tractor is a beauty its the man that has some screws loose, and lost marbles that concern me. Can you imagine the negotiations, I will give you my first born and wife, he says still not enough, I say OK but after I am done paying your mortgage and putting your five kids through college can I at least drive it, he says no you just look at it and the work magically gets done!