• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 07:31 PM

I understand that it's a nice low hour machine but that kind of money can get you a new loader and possibly backhoe tractor.

http://pittsburgh.cr...5325048382.html

00L0L_bb4QPvuC3MV_600x450.jpg

This "museum quality" Yanmar YM336D tractor has only 244 original hours. Yes, you read that correctly --- 244 ORIGINAL hours! Please see photos. I have owned this tractor for the past 8 years. It has been kept in my heated garage ever-since. Shortly after purchasing this 336D, I found a smaller Yanmar tractor to handle my chores around the house. As such, I did not run this tractor much at all. Of course, it was and is well-maintained with original Yanmar filters, etc. Due to downsizing, I need to find a new home for this great tractor. It belongs in the hands of the discerning Yanmar aficionado. 

If you are looking for a tractor for everyday use, farm or house chores, you may want to look elsewhere. This Japanese made tractor model was designed and manufactured for the U.S. market during 1980-1991. It truly belongs in the hands of a collector. This YM336D was considered the best and most advanced and solidly-built tractor in the world in its day. Many features developed by Yanmar and included in this tractor are still in use on current modern-day tractors. This is the 4-wheel drive version. The Diesel engine is 1.5 Litres (91.3 cubic inches), 33 H.P. The full specs. can be viewed at http://www.tractorda...nmar-ym336.html

The tractor features both position and draft control. The rear PTO has two speeds (540 and 1000 RPM). The transmission is a Power-Shift transmission featuring three power-Shift gears in 4 different ranges enabling 12 forward speeds and 4 backward speeds. No clutching is needed when utilizing the Power-Shift to change speeds. Some other innovative features include integral power steering with priority valving, waterproof countershaft brakes, two air filters (centrifugal and washable element), as well as double hydraulic oil filtration. Also incorporated is the tower & bevel gear front wheel drive system - patented by Yanmar and has since become standard on all the high-end 4wd tractors. The motor has the split-geometry combustion chamber which reduces emissions and also changes the diesel engine's traditional knock into a gentle chuckle. No costs were cut when Yanmar built this flagship tractor. In every respect it is an example of the height of mechanical excellence in the pre-computer era. 

$22,500 OBO Yes, you read that correctly too. I believe this price to be a fair reflection of the rarity, fine condition, and extremely low hours of this Yanmar tractor. This may very well be the lowest-hour YM336D tractor in existence.

Please contact me with any questions or for additional photos. Both Yanmar Service Manual and Yanmar Parts Manual are included as well as some original Yanmar advertising literature for this tractor.

• Alc, Cvans, Traill95 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 09:26 PM

I am just wondering what the number of a John Deere tractor would that be? 955 or some thing like that. Nice tractor, but, he or she is a good ad writer also. I think would want ag tires on it for that price, hehe. Noel
  • Username said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,304 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 09:29 PM

How large is the "Yanmar aficionado" group?  

#4 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 09:39 PM

I own a 186D and love it. But no way is that tractor worth that kind of money: I would guess maybe half of his asking price at best? I am not aware of any Yanmar collectors but could be wrong.

#5 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 673 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 09:47 PM

You can tell by the novel he wrote that he married this tractor and isn't ready to let her leave! I think he should continue to act like a tool and write advertisements for cheap Chinese tractors. I like yanmar also but I married a woman and actually use my tractors for what they were built for. Sounds like any advertisement for inferior equipment, you know the stuff, technologically ahead of its time is another way of saying breaks down frequently!
  • Alc, Username, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 10:05 PM

Wife said"Sell that damn tractor"he said yes dear..but only for what I WANT FOR IT!!!(insurance it stays in the warm garage)

• Username, boyscout862 and Eric have said thanks

#7 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,475 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 11:06 PM

I am just wondering what the number of a John Deere tractor would that be? 955 or some thing like that. Nice tractor, but, he or she is a good ad writer also. I think would want ag tires on it for that price, hehe. Noel

I wondered that too and according to tractor data the closest looks to be the 950.  The funniest thing is that he put the link to tractor data on his ad.  If one goes to the link you will see that his asking price is $10,000 more than the original asking price!

• Username, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#8 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,509 Thanks
  • 5,028 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 11:21 PM

I can't help wondering if that's 200 hours after being refurbished over seas. This has all the makings of being a grey market tractor. Original manufacturing dates back to the early and middle 80's.  

• JDBrian, Username and propane1 have said thanks

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,304 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 07:09 AM

I sent a reply. Here it is in total.image.jpg
  • limebuzz, Username and Cvans have said thanks

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 07:42 AM

I can't help wondering if that's 200 hours after being refurbished over seas. This has all the makings of being a grey market tractor. Original manufacturing dates back to the early and middle 80's.  

That's always something to look for when buying an 80s vintage japanese tractor. Usually those refurbs have those rice paddy paddle type tires on them. A close look at the tractor would tell if it is original or not. 

• Username and Cvans have said thanks

#11 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 07:49 AM

244 hours is low but it's not jaw dropping low in my opinion.

I sent a message and got this reply:

That’s a nice tractor and I hope you can do well with it but you can buy a new loader/backhoe tractor for that kind of money.

Thank you for your message. This tractor is for the vintage Yanmar collector or tractor museum. It would generally not be purchased to be used as a regular utility tractor.

• Cvans said thank you

#12 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • Member No: 30633
  • 164 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 08:18 AM

Maybe he should be the founding member of the Yanmar Museum and collector's club.

#13 Leonard VanCamp OFFLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 235 Thanks
  • 196 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 08:58 AM

Some people think they have the Hope diamond when it comes to stuff, my ex wife was the same way. She found a small incomplete wood stove for $100 and started researching the manufacture's of it. Supposedly (according to her) it was very rare and valuable. I found one just like it (only complete) on Ebay for $300 and later learn there were many of them made. No matter how many times you slap some people upside the head with reality they still live in their dream world.. 

• KennyP said thank you

#14 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 11:50 AM

Also for sale in the same area.

http://pittsburgh.cr...5306527003.html

#15 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 988 Thanks
  • 673 posts

Posted November 21, 2015 - 01:45 PM

I think your right, only I think he already got slapped upside the head a lot! But we all know in this country if you put an unbelievable price on something and talk to everyone like you are the authority above god, some jackhole rich dope will give his not so hard earned cash to this other puts, and tractor prices will become to high for you me and every other actual mechanic to afford! That's what happend to classic cars ten years ago, used to be every mechanic had a car in their garage that could get him a new wife in a jiffy. Now that car is in some rich guys garage broke down due to a thermostat and my ex wife is in his kitchen! Maybe my rant went a little sideways, sorry.
  • limebuzz, KennyP and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks