#31 wilberj ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,126 Thanks
  • 5,160 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hi Chris,

I am also in the UK (Stoke on Trent) and have a reasonable collection of Bolens myself.  I have got 4 Bolens Tractors with Loaders.  HT20 with loader (undergoing restoration at the moment), a HT22D with loader, both of which have rear 3 point linkage and i managed to drop on a genuine power steering kit which i'm going to fit the the HT20.  I also have H14 with loader and a G14 with loader which definitely needs restoration but is all complete.  I have many other tubular frame tractors: G8, G10, G11 (with rainbow decals), G14, H14, H16 i also have quite a few attachments for these some of which are quite rare.  Not managed to find many attachments for the large tractors though, only have rotavator and mower decks.  Have HT18 & 2x HT23's.  I am really envious of you having the backhoe attachment, i saw it advertised on Gumtree late one night and was going to call about it in the morning, but looks like you beat me to it! Would you ever consider selling the backhoe?  My HT20 with loader (which i'm currently restoring) was in VERY poor condition, all rams have had to be rebuilt, the tractor itself got broken for spares and transferred the loader to another HT20 which is also being restored.  Mine spent many years out in the field in Inverness.  Seeing your photo's has encouraged me to get mine finished!!

Welcome to GTtalk.

You have a very nice collection of tractors there!   Would you be willing to post the modals and serial numbers of the tractors you own here?  

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#32 Daves Bolens UK OFFLINE  

Daves Bolens UK
  • Member No: 79375
  • 110 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 01:11 PM

Sounds like you've all been busy adding to your collections!  I don't have many photo's of my Bolens, but have added some of what i can find.  I have not got any photo's of my attachments, and limited photo's of my tractors but i have listed them below.  When the weather comes a bit nicer i will take some. 

2 Brinley Ploughs (1 a lot larger than the other)

2 Sleeve Hitches

Round top rotavator

Square top rotavator

Bush Flail Mower

Cylinder Mower complete with fibreglass collecting box

Lawn Scarifier

Stickle Bar Mower

Snow Blower

Snow Plough

2 x Hydraulic Lift Kits

Various Mower Decks

All the above for tubular frame.  

As i have said before, i have only got Rotavator & Mower deck for the large frame, although i think one of my Brinley Plough's is more to suit a large frame.  Many of the tractors are fitted with rear wheel weights.

I have been looking through some old threads and can see that you have a fair few attachments yourselves.  My aim was to get all the G tractors.  I am missing the G9 & G12.  I do not collect any other Bolens models, the only ones i have ever collected are the black chassis/white bonnet.  The larger frames are only the HT models. Added some photo's.  I have only managed to restore 2 of my tractors (H16 & H14) and a snow blower & snow plough.  I was very lucky to find the snow blower, it was still in its original crate, never been used.  I completely stripped it, re-did the paint and decals, but was an easy restoration.  We have very little snow here, but did manage to use it one year, and it is excellent!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1087.JPG
  • 100_1092.JPG
  • 100_1093.JPG
  • 100_1096.JPG
  • 100_1109.JPG
  • 100_1114.JPG

• wilberj, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 3 others have said thanks

#33 BolensChrisUK OFFLINE  

• Member No: 77828
  • 283 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 02:24 PM

Good to meet you Dave. I have sent you a PM

Your not the only one who wants me digger :D I gather its the only one in UK. But sure theres another in a hedge some where

I find with this bolens hobby that we all got something somebody else wants!! I say at least its in safe hands but if its in the South then its mine :dancingbanana: . Not many left arround Norfolk as they been hoovered up by Iain!!

I would love an HT23 one day. Missed a few over the years but got plenty to be getting on with

Edited by BolensChrisUK, January 03, 2016 - 02:25 PM.

• blackjackjakexxix and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#34 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 73571
  • 901 Thanks
  • 584 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 06:51 PM

Welcome to the site Dave. You have quite an impressive collection there. Not to Hijack Chris' thread, but I would love to see some more detailed pictures of the loader on that tube frame.

#35 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 07:08 PM

Welcome Dave! You have a very nice collection! Did you powder coat the snocaster? Because that is a perfect mirror finish. You did a beautiful job on those H-series tubers! I hope to have an H16 myself someday, and I can only hope it'll look as good as yours!  :thumbs:

#36 Daves Bolens UK OFFLINE  

Daves Bolens UK
  • Member No: 79375
  • 110 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 02:10 PM

Hi gardentractornut,

Thanks for the compliment.  The snow blower is not powder coated, its in 2 pak paint (professional car paint).  The steelwork was prepped, 2 pak primered, used 800s's wet & dry to rub the primer and then 2 pak colour.  Its straight gun finish, not been buffed.  I do a bit of paint professionally as i'm a mechanic.

The H16 is a brilliant tractor.  Would be great if you could find one.

#37 BolensChrisUK OFFLINE  

• Member No: 77828
  • 283 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 02:19 PM

Well I better bring me digger up for a paint job then :D

• KennyP and MyBolens1053 have said thanks