wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Ok, Dad and I just came in from a major crisis in which we had to empty much of the old shed addition to avoid stuff from floating out and down the now raging river. The creek hasn't been this high in at least 7-10 years. The creek had risen to where there was about an inch of water in the shed addition, which was a lot of mud too. We had to move two tractors out and a bunch of auto tires I had stored in there. Also had to move a farm wagon and a utility trailer. Luckily one of the tractors, the DB Tri Trac, we had to move was able to be started and moved out. The other tractor was the family Farmall cub, which usually never starts, was not going to today without a battery especially. We ended up wrapping a chain around the front axle of the cub and hooked it to the Tri Trac and was able to pull it out and to higher ground. We had a few more things to move outside but did ok I guess, considering the local bridges were maxed out for thier flow capacity. Right now the rain has subsided enough to post and use the internet which means the creek has time to go down, which it has some already, before the next few hours of rain hits us.........

#2 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 25 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 11:56 AM

Wish you and your family the best of luck. Only been in a flood once and our house was not in danger but we spent the night hauling sandbags on the trailer to people who needed them. Again I hope all is well, and glad to hear you were able to move stuff to higher ground.

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hope you stay dry and don't have any damage. Keep us posted.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 01:02 PM

Good luck Casey! Hope the water goes down faster than the next rain ads to it!
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#5 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 01:16 PM

Casey,
Good luck to you and your Family.
Stay dry.

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 01:26 PM

Casey, hope all goes better soon, and DO be careful! That rushing water carries no forgiveness nor kindness!

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 01:37 PM

Casey, hope all goes better soon, and DO be careful! That rushing water carries no forgiveness nor kindness!

It was mainly standing water in the shed addition since it is flat there, but I was being careful at all times. Sometimes you have to take a small risk to keep from losing anything. The thing was if we lost some of the stuff we had down by the creek it was gonna go wedge up under the bridges and make the conditions worse than they already were. Dad said he didn't want our stuff to be the cause of all that.

#8 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 02:58 PM

Sorry to hear about your crisis Casey! Glad you were able to haul it all out in time. I agree that i wouldn't want my stuff to be the cause of grief for others. Hope that the waters treat you better in the next several days!

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 04:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your crisis Casey! Glad you were able to haul it all out in time. I agree that i wouldn't want my stuff to be the cause of grief for others. Hope that the waters treat you better in the next several days!

Well, the stuff would have been just fine but you just never know. The creek was already up and the water was already in the shed, so we got to work moving stuff out. Once we finished though, the creek had started to recede a little but it was still raining and picking back up. As for the comment about the stuff clogging up the creek at the bridges, it wasn't everyone else we were worried about, it was the rest of what was in our shed addition, cause if the water rose another few inches it was going to be bad. But the creek has gone back down quite a bit, it actually looks like its almost back in the banks, but still have the water at the town damn up the road to deal with, so it has to come through here. I don't care if it looks like this for the next few hours as long as the water everywhere goes down. Cause right now, it's similar to normal... for now. I know a big storm was supposed to hit us again, but it missed, so that was good.

#10 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 04:20 PM

Best of luck; hope the weather changes in your favor

#11 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear, Hope the next rains miss you, We watching the weather as storms are moving in from the west.

#12 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hope everything dries out for you

#13 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Sorry to hear of you troubles, hope it drys up and everything works out for ya, the power of nature unbeatable.

#14 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Casey, hang in there, we have a heavy line of storms coming thru Indiana now, and lots more off to the west toward St Louie. Tornado warnings are north of us for now, so maybe nothing bad for now. Worst seems to be going north of us. we live in the Scenic Southern Indiana Hills, which means during a quick and heavy rain, the local dryruns, and creeks overflow in a hurry, but don't ususlly last too long.

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Thanks all for the support.