#16 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,849 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:55 PM

Also im not sure but it seems like 2 seals might be leaking. the one on the drive side and the one on the mid pto side. probably worth a reseal for sure. Thing has little to no play in it tho so I don't see need to rebuild it just seal it. What do you guys think?

#17 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 4,832 Thanks
  • 2,128 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Shim G in the schematic is .0478 thick and you can reuse yours. Shim H in the schematic is .005 thick and this is used along with shim G in order to shim out to the BGB case. You may not need to buy any. Some of these transaxles are a little harder to get into gear than others.
  • VintageIronCollector said thank you

#18 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,849 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 10:17 PM

Shim G in the schematic is .0478 thick and you can reuse yours. Shim H in the schematic is .005 thick and this is used along with shim G in order to shim out to the BGB case. You may not need to buy any. Some of these transaxles are a little harder to get into gear than others.

so shim H might be the one that would need to be replaced or add more. Also I guess for now I'll get the engine and get it running and then see how the trans performs but ya I still plan on replacing the bevel gearbox or putting in new seals. I'd really like to get the seals locally if i can.

#19 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,849 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 04:24 PM

ok so I just called my place i get parts from and they said they got all 3 seals and the gasket for the cover on the bgb all in stock. Guess now sometime I'll have to order them