• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 08:32 PM

hello, I am in need of some help, would anyone know where I might get a steering valve for a groundskeeper. I know this is a common weak spot on these machines and one of my GKs has already been modified to fix this. I also know this was a Cessna unit and they are no longer being made. Any help finding one or a source for one would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Eric.

#2 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 10:01 AM

All I can say is "Good Luck!" You are correct that the Cessna valve was a weak spot in the GK, and that the valve is NLA. One of my GK's a;so has a bad (cracked) valve. I have seen a few replacements done with other valves, but the issue usually seems to be clearance for the PTO shaft operation. (The replacement valves are too big)

• Oldford said thank you

#3 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 06:24 PM

I guess I will have to get one made then, I was hoping to not go that route but I suppose a few navy friends owe me a favor. It may take a while but I will let you know how it turns out. Also let me know if anyone does source a new one.

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted November 18, 2015 - 02:41 AM

Hello, I may have a solution but need some advice. I need to know if the valve out of a john Deere 400 part number am35449 will replace the steering valve for my GK? I have looked at both exploded diagrams and they look to be an exact match. I know JD can be hard to deal with when cross referencing parts but possibly someone with knowledge of both these valves can help me. The form and function of these look to be the same but I am a bit rusty on my hydraulic skills. I haven't been around hydraulics in about ten years so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Eric.

#5 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 987 Thanks
  • 672 posts

Posted November 18, 2015 - 07:12 PM

Just an update, the JD valve seems to be a match. I should receive it in a few days but the seller gave me the dimensions and they are a match so this should be a direct replacement. I will post when it is installed, I know this issue has many a GK down and I hope this works out.
  • KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, steering valve