#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:28 PM

SO I did some cleanup and a house cleanout and had a load to go to the scrapper, I really shouldn't be allowed in there :D.  got up there and this was setting of to the side begging for a new home.  talked tot he guy who owned the yard and he gave me a price I could not say no to.  Needs allot of attention, I wanted to part it out but dad wants to try and save it.  guess I get another project.

Rite of hand I will need a gas tank and tires but that is the least of it as the motor is stuck solid.  Not sure about the wheel weight on the back tire like that ? thoughts, kind of looks like a John deer wheel weight to me.

Pete

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG
  • 002.JPG
  • 003.JPG
  • 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG
  • 007.JPG

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, LPBolens and 7 others have said thanks

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:34 PM

Nice save!   The wheel weight is a early bolens weight.  

Looks like it needs work but its mostly all there and the factory engine is still on it.   Its to bad the A frame over the engine is all bent up!

Does the tractor and engine have a modal plus serial number?  

You better go back and see is there more for it there like attachments. 

Edited by wilberj, November 16, 2015 - 07:36 PM.

• Bolens 1000 and petrj6 have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:35 PM

Always good when you can save one!

That one has seen better days but , with enough money you can make her like new again!!!!

That weight on the back is original for the tractor

I see you have the Bolens cast sickle pulley on the engine as well, If you ever decide to sell it I'd be very interested in that as mine has a huge chunk missing , Since you dont have the sickle a regular wisconsin sheave can be added back to it :poke: :D

• blackjackjakexxix and petrj6 have said thanks

#4 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:42 PM

I would assume there are supposed to be two weights ??  wonder why one is missing, going to need a new rim as well.  the one without the weight is rusted clean thru.  got my work cut out for me here.

Pete

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:55 PM

I would assume there are supposed to be two weights ??  wonder why one is missing, going to need a new rim as well.  the one without the weight is rusted clean thru.  got my work cut out for me here.

Pete

Yes there should be two.  Looks like there was two on the front at one time to. 

About 90% of the back rims on these were rusted out because they were filled with chloride from the factory. 

• Bolens 1000 and Alc have said thanks

#6 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:57 AM

nice you are saving another one.

There was one for sale near me recently, killer price, but no money nor need another project.

#7 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 05:49 PM

The back wheels are not a big deal those can be found rather easy just remember originally early one they used 3" wide wheel not 4" Front wheels are hard to find for these machines if your centers are good you can cut those out and weld on new rims Gas tanks are next to impossible to find there was a guy in Missouri that made some but last time I talked to him he wasn't making them anymore they looked close to original but not exact Try to save the engine of you can the ridemaster engines are a little different in that the flywheel extends out past the back of the air shroud sole purpose was for the use of a little generator for a light kit that was optional Glad to see another one not get scrapped I have and extra gas tank of you can't end up finding one down the road let me know Good luck with your restoration