• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,104 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 10:49 PM

So the chain does the lifting and the rod does the angling ? Can't see where the chain goes to. Nice tractor. Noel
  • KennyP said thank you

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 06:19 AM

The way the lift works on them is that its off to the side so that the hood still can open forward.

Thanks for the pics of your 716. I'll have to figure out an attachment point for my lift in a similar way.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 05:02 PM

I got out today and got some measurements of where the rear mount for the blade will attach at the front axle. Plugged that into DeltaCad so I can do some figuring. Not much progress lately.

• limebuzz said thank you

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted November 30, 2015 - 08:24 AM

Kenny here's some pics of the snow/dozer blade that I had made fit onto a Allis.Everything mounts to those tabs even the snowblowers.mower decks etc:

I just found out this has been sold. If anyone has a blade like this, I would like some measurements from the mount.

post-75-0-59455200-1447631322.jpg

#20 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted November 30, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi Kenny sorry about not being able to give you the measurements.I found a couple more pics of the blade push frame showing the angle slots as well as the linkage used, As you can see the pivot point is closer to the front  , near the blade. Its hard to see but it sort of shows in one pic. If your making your own frame just have the tractor sitting on a concrete pad and draw out a frame on the concrete with some soap stone.  This way you can figure out how far ahead of the tractor to make the pivot point and have the blade angled either way so that it will clear the front tires by a couple of inches.Use a piece of wood to act as the blade and it should give you a pretty good idea of where the pivot should be.Hope these pics give you a better understanding of how the frame is made etc:

Attached Thumbnails

• Digital camera pictures 195 (Small).jpg
  • Digital camera pictures 196 (Small).jpg

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted November 30, 2015 - 09:11 AM

Hi Kenny sorry about not being able to give you the measurements.I found a couple more pics of the blade push frame showing the angle slots as well as the linkage used, As you can see the pivot point is closer to the front  , near the blade. Its hard to see but it sort of shows in one pic. If your making your own frame just have the tractor sitting on a concrete pad and draw out a frame on the concrete with some soap stone.  This way you can figure out how far ahead of the tractor to make the pivot point and have the blade angled either way so that it will clear the front tires by a couple of inches.Use a piece of wood to act as the blade and it should give you a pretty good idea of where the pivot should be.Hope these pics give you a better understanding of how the frame is made etc:

I just found the length measurement! :dancingbanana: From the pivot to the back end of the frame is 26". I am going to use 24" as a hole center measurement on the drawing to see how that works out. Thanks for the pics, though. My blade mount is a bit different and I have to figure out some way to lift it. But that distance above gets me started. I also have to look into the fact that I stretched the front frame section 4", so that may change a few things.

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 04, 2015 - 10:18 AM

Not very much progress going on. Looking for metal to build the frame out of. Also seeing if I can get a little warmth into the 'Tractor Port'. Rather chilly out there!

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 14, 2015 - 02:00 PM

I found some metal for the mount the other day. Finally got out there and trimmed the cross pieces off it. I plugged it';s measurements into my drawing program and it will work great for this part of the mount.

It's an AC mount of some sort that I got some time back. Just a piece that I had no clue what for.

2015-12-14 11.31.37.jpg     2015-12-14 11.32.11.jpg

After cutting the cross braces off, I made some pieces to pin it in the tractor mounts. They got welded on.

2015-12-14 12.54.21.jpg

They have a 10° angle in them that will make sure I have plenty of clearance around the axle area.

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 05:07 PM

I got a bit more done today! Made the blade pivot for the new mount. I spent most of the day noodling what to do. Here's what I came up with.

2015-12-15 16.47.26.jpg     2015-12-15 16.48.11.jpg

2015-12-15 16.50.54.jpg     2015-12-15 16.51.05.jpg

Next is the latch for the blade swivel and then marry this to the mount!

• olcowhand and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#25 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 05:58 PM

Looks good Kenny. Unless you've made one ,a person doesn't really know all the work involved , in the designing and actual fabrication of the working mechanisms. At least your getting some done.

• KennyP said thank you

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Looks good Kenny. Unless you've made one ,a person doesn't really know all the work involved , in the designing and actual fabrication of the working mechanisms. At least your getting some done.

Thanks! i could have modified the Gravely mount for it, but didn't want to do that!Lots of thinking and finding metal to do what I want.  Figuring out the lift mechanism will take some studying!

#27 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,450 Thanks
  • 3,359 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 08:17 PM

Fine work Kenny!
  • KennyP said thank you

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 21, 2015 - 03:03 PM

Got a latch made for the angle today! Didn't have a good piece of 1/2" bar to fit so I welded 2 pieces of 1/4" together. Now to find a spring to keep it latched. Ace has some of those. May use a cable to unlatch it to turn the blade.

DSCN1426.JPG

• limebuzz said thank you

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 07:40 AM

I know this build is not going very fast, but there is a reason. I would like to build a small front bucket (similar to a Johnny-Bucket) for this tractor and I keep looking at the mount thinking I can make this work for both applications. So I am holding back on the snow-blade as I think that over. It can be done, just not sure how I want to go about it! I'll upload a pic later to show the other part of the mount.

• olcowhand said thank you

#30 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 09:44 AM

Kinda late to the party on this one, not sure how I missed it.

The wheel horse set up is pretty slick. The ladder bars transfer all of the "push" to the back axle eliminating frame stress. The center lift keeps some of the blade weight off of the front axle making it easier to steer. The only down side for that set up is lifting height and only a few inches of ground clearance in the middle of the tractor where you would normally have almost a foot 

• KennyP said thank you