• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 03:15 PM

I would like to have a front blade for this tractor. Since I have 'remodeled' it so much, I am now looking for a place to hang the blade from. Thinking about using the tabs off the front axle. If not them, I'll have to make some type of hanger for the back end of the blade frame. Here's a pic of the tabs I am thinking of.

Sno-blade mount.jpg

This pic shows them peeking out from under.

2015-09-13 09.54.07.jpg

I plan to use either hyd. lift or possibly an electric lift. The blade is pretty light, so won't take much to lift it. It's upside down in the pic.

2015-10-31 14.25.16.jpg

It mounts to the frame similar to what FirefyterEmt has here. I've been watching that thread pretty close.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 943 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 03:49 PM

I wouldn't use the axle tabs I would build a bracket for the front of the frame if you can find old convertible top lifts they work good too the have an air pump on them
  • KennyP and propane1 have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't use the axle tabs I would build a bracket for the front of the frame if you can find old convertible top lifts they work good too the have an air pump on them

No convertibles left around here! I planned to mount the lift off the front of the frame.

#4 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 943 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 04:45 PM

I was just thinking the axle pivot my give you trouble with the plow .

#5 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 943 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 04:46 PM

But I wasn't thinking right I finally got your pics to come up I see now what your going to do
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,517 Thanks
  • 3,393 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 05:01 PM

You weld tabs to a flat plate, bolt the plate to the front frame, and fab the lift arms to attach to the tabs you welded on the plate, with pins. Then your lift cylinder/actuator could mount there as well.
  • KennyP said thank you

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 05:11 PM

Use the axle tabs, thats what all of my ACs and Simplicities use. Just look around for the right "A" frame. I've got 2 frames for the older GTs but none for the newer. One of these days I'll find the right frame for the 3310. If you need me to, I can take a pic tomorrow. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, November 15, 2015 - 05:12 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster and KennyP have said thanks

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Use the axle tabs, thats what all of my ACs and Simplicities use. Just look around for the right "A" frame. I've got 2 frames for the older GTs but none for the newer. One of these days I'll find the right frame for the 3310. If you need me to, I can take a pic tomorrow. Good Luck, Rick

That would help. I'm in uncharted waters here! I think I can build an 'A' frame okay. Just need it parallel to the ground when the blade is down.

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 05:37 PM

My Homelite had the plow blade mounted to the rear tabs when I first got it. Those attachment arms were long.

image.jpeg

I should of left it like that, it was a stronger set up. It used the same cable off the rockshaft to lift it that mower deck used. When I built the plow frame back to somewhat original, it used a chain back to the rockshaft tab in front of the right footrest. In the last pic, visible inside of the brake pedal.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
  • KennyP, CRFarnsworth and boyscout862 have said thanks

#10 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 06:40 PM

That would help. I'm in uncharted waters here! I think I can build an 'A' frame okay. Just need it parallel to the ground when the blade is down.

I'll try to take the pics tomorrow. Mean time look at this   http://gardentractor...zer-snow-blade/    Several points: The plows without springs have been known to break the frames just in front of the BGB if you hit something at high speed, The diagram shows an early frame, the later frames have the lift arm more vertical, and by being ready for snow, it won't happen. Good Luck, Rick

• KennyP said thank you

#11 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 06:49 PM

Kenny here's some pics of the snow/dozer blade that I had made fit onto a Allis.Everything mounts to those tabs even the snowblowers.mower decks etc:

Attached Thumbnails

• allis winter project 039 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 010 (Small).jpg

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 07:18 PM

Kenny here's some pics of the snow/dozer blade that I had made fit onto a Allis.Everything mounts to those tabs even the snowblowers.mower decks etc:

Thanks guys! The blade does have trip springs. I have no center lift/rockshaft. The last pic above is close to what I am looking at. The lift will be right in front of the grille off the front frame.

May be a while yet as I need to see what metal I have to build with. Keep the pics and ideas coming. I don't have much around here to catch a blade on, pretty flat area I would be working on.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#13 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 07:47 PM

MTD and others had a long rect tube center that went under the tractor back to the pull hitch hole in back.  Had guides only mounted on front to keep from moving sideways, and the lift was simple to the orig mower lift link.

OR, Wheelhorse had simple latter frame went to back of tractor and mounted on each side of axle with there special mount, then just lifted with the rockshaft for mower and all other things with a chain. They also had great simple lever system to swing the blade to angles that came up along side to driver area. Just couple ideas. 

Don't Sears blades mount off the axles on the Suburban lines in 60's?  More just braces maybe, the blade had big slide in part going into frame center I just recalled.  Think axle mounting would make blade dig and catch whenever the wheels moved up/down and might even cause skipping then on the lifted side?

• KennyP said thank you

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 07:53 PM

I just realized I cannot stand a cylinder in front of the grille. Couldn't open the hood then. Si I'll have to incorporate some kind of rockshaft to lift with. Time to think some more on this.

#15 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted November 15, 2015 - 08:21 PM

The way the lift works on them is that its off to the side so that the hood still can open forward.

Attached Thumbnails

• blade install 009 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 011 (Small).jpg

• KennyP, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks