DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Good stuff, ever heard "you are what you eat" I never believed it untill I got older, now I do. I'm not a health food freak but I try now more than what I did 10yrs ago to eat right and it makes a difference, if I go back to my old ways I feel crappy. BTW I turn 52 Nov. 5, so we are pretty close the same age.

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 07:49 PM

Good stuff, ever heard "you are what you eat" I never believed it untill I got older, now I do. I'm not a health food freak but I try now more than what I did 10yrs ago to eat right and it makes a difference, if I go back to my old ways I feel crappy. BTW I turn 52 Nov. 5, so we are pretty close the same age.

October 21st for me...we're REAL close!

#18 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 08:43 PM

That's great news and a great start to feeling better! Way to go Dan!

#19 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 18, 2010 - 09:02 PM

That's great news! I hope I can do as well. Unfortunately I'm way ahead of you... in the wrong direction!! I was up to 262 five years ago, went down to 187 in about 6 months time. I knew I had put a lot of it back on, in the last three years, but I didn't get on the scale until tonight. I was guessing I was back up to around 230. The scale topped off at 255, so I've got to get really serious right away!

#20 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Oct 12 for me. I really thought as active as you are Daniel you wouldn't have much trouble dropping the weight, guys have a easier time than the gals, also. We are expecting a new picture soon, you'll lose alot of weight in your face.

#21 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 09:10 AM

You can drop it Bill! I'm down another 2lbs this morning! That makes 7lb in just 3 1/2 days! I figure the sugars were causing me to hold water, so the fast loss may slow down in a few days, but I'll take it! LOL
Feeling better each day too, so this is all a great thing to happen really. I know once I get to around 200 that my heartburn will be gone too. Last time I was sick with the flu I lost weight & heartburn stopped dead around 200lb.

#22 Chuck_050382 ONLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 11:40 AM

Cutting out sweets and soda will make a big difference fast. I am trying to kick my soda and candy habit again. Also trying to limit my coffee. I am going to start going to a work out boot camp April 5th and plan on starting the South Beach Diet again then as well. I was on the south beach diet for 6 months and lost 70 pounds last year, but since then started drinking sodas and eating junk and have gained 45 pounds back.

Glad you are taking action to keep off meds and trying to control the source of the problem.

#23 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 19, 2010 - 03:01 PM

You can drop it Bill! I'm down another 2lbs this morning! That makes 7lb in just 3 1/2 days! I figure the sugars were causing me to hold water, so the fast loss may slow down in a few days, but I'll take it! LOL
Feeling better each day too, so this is all a great thing to happen really. I know once I get to around 200 that my heartburn will be gone too. Last time I was sick with the flu I lost weight & heartburn stopped dead around 200lb.

It's just a matter of finding a cheaper way to do it this time. Before, when we decided to eat healthier, our grocery bill almost doubled. Between my wife and I, we were going through 12 pounds of lettuce a week, along with white turkey and chicken. I lost 2-3 pounds, every week, was never hungry and loved what I was eating. Sometimes I couldn't even finish all that was on my plate. It will be a lot easier when the garden gets producing. Until then... just gotta keep my mouth shut!

#24 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:26 AM

Sorry to hear of your health problems but I think you sound like a positive person who will deal with it and win ! It already sounds like you have a good game plan. Be thankful that the doctor found the problem early and you can make the necessary life style changes. Good Luck.

#25 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted April 12, 2010 - 07:17 PM

Just an update, not got blood tests yet, but I'm down 14 1/4lb!! Feel better, and can tie my shoes & still breathe at the same time! LOL Not that hard either, still eat 3 or 4 pieces of chocolate a day, but not 50 or more like I used to.

#26 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 12, 2010 - 07:30 PM

Sound's like your on the right track, good stuff.

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 12, 2010 - 07:46 PM

Great job Daniel. You will start feeling like you haven't worked so hard either at the end of the day. I gotta loose some weight and today was my first day without a smoke and it is going to stay that way this time.

You are off to an excellent start and keep up the great work :thumbs:

#28 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 12, 2010 - 08:57 PM

Congrats Dan, way to go! 14 plus pounds lost is great news. Hope you can continue and reach your goal. With your buzy time coming up on the farm I'll bet you'lloose more weight faster. Good luck George on your kicking smoking.
Since my surgery and recovery I have lost a total of 28 pounds, down to 195. I am walking just short of 4 miles in under an hour at least every other day. I set my own goal to get to 190 pounds and keep it at that.

#29 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted April 13, 2010 - 05:18 AM

Sounds like your off to a good start Daniel.
:thumbs::good_job:

#30 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 13, 2010 - 06:34 AM

That's really good to hear Daniel, you know you didn't put the weight on alll at once, so you cat expect it to come off fast. They say people who lose slower tend to keep it off more than people who lose a bunch real quick. I gotta slow down on th chocolates also