11 replies to this topic

#1 VillageGreenDeere OFFLINE  

VillageGreenDeere
  • Member No: 62247
  • 17 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hello Forum,

I'm considering the purchase of a 2 owner G174 with a loader, snowblower, and 600LB!!!! 3pt ballast weight (i couldn't believe it, it's a big steel drum full of cement).  Current owner has never even installed the snow blower.  I have quickly looked at the tractor, at night, and told him I have to role it around in my head a bit and see it again this weekend if he still has it.

Any advice on what to look for trouble spots?  it has 800 some odd hours on it.

Are parts available for these?  is it true they are closely related to a few Kubota models?

He listed it at $7500, and immediately lowered it to $6000 for me.

I currently use a loaderless Deere 317 to pull firewood out of the woods, and plowing snow.  I'm always wishing it was heavier and had some sort of lifting and grading options.

Matt

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 03:16 PM

I've seen a lot of them for sale up here over the years but lately there aren't as many. I'm not sure if they have much in common with Kubotas of that period other than the fact that the formula for that size tractor is pretty similar for all the Japanese tractors. I'd look for parts suppliers on line to see what's out there. 

• VillageGreenDeere said thank you

#3 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 03:22 PM

I'm not to experienced with them, but while looking for a large frame bolens some people offered me that style tractor and the prices were much lower. Again, I'm no expert, but to me the price seems a bit high. I was offered 2 for by people selling. One was  $3000, and the other was priced at $3500.

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 03:41 PM

I would have to agree with Fonz that price seems very high! I have seen them here for three grand and in very good condition. I would say that for that money you could get one heck of a good machine if not two of them. Just my two cents but if it was me I wouldn't even negotiate that one the starting offer would tell me he doesn't want to let it go!
  • boyscout862 and VillageGreenDeere have said thanks

#5 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 04:13 PM

My brother has a G194 and it's a very robust built tractor and I think better built then some of the earlier Kubota's I have seen.Low hours are a plus but I agree with others that the price is high especially with no power steering.My brother's loader is run off the three point hitch pump and is insanely slow as it does not have the optional loader pump.Sounds like it might be a $3500-4000 tractor in my area and you might coop some of your money back if you don't need the blower and can sell it.

#6 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 05:04 PM

I believe they were built by Iseki of Japan.

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,753 Thanks
  • 7,523 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 06:16 PM

That does seem very over priced. Read this thread:  http://gardentractor...page-1?hl=iseki    . Good Luck, Rick

#8 Rainier OFFLINE  

Rainier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 53758
  • 375 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 09:38 PM

Low hours is. Good but the price is too high. Like the other guys have said they usually go for 3 to 4 thousand.
I just picked up a JD 1050 with a box scraper, tiller, brush hog, and trailer to haul it on for 5000.00. Of corse that was a great deal and you don't run across them very often. Keep in mind that 6000.00 bucks can buy a very nice machine. Take you time and do your homework, you will find something !

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 13, 2015 - 06:53 AM

I agree about the price. I don't usually comment on pricing due to the fact that tractors tend to go for much more up here than in the USA. Those seem to be priced in the 4500-5000$ range up here with a loader. I have seen some minty low low hours ones listed for a bit higher but not often.

#10 VillageGreenDeere OFFLINE  

VillageGreenDeere
  • Member No: 62247
  • 17 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted November 13, 2015 - 07:00 PM

My brother has a G194 and it's a very robust built tractor and I think better built then some of the earlier Kubota's I have seen.Low hours are a plus but I agree with others that the price is high especially with no power steering.My brother's loader is run off the three point hitch pump and is insanely slow as it does not have the optional loader pump.Sounds like it might be a $3500-4000 tractor in my area and you might coop some of your money back if you don't need the blower and can sell it.

I would not want a machine that operates the loader and the 3 point under the same controls at the same time.  Could somone clarify this.

#11 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted November 13, 2015 - 07:49 PM

I would not want a machine that operates the loader and the 3 point under the same controls at the same time.  Could somone clarify this.

I believe he just means the same pump that runs the 3pt lift supplies the oil pressure for the loader control valves.  Many of the SCUT tractors have low volume pumps which aren't the best for loader use unless equipped with a higher volume pump specifically for loader use.

• Username, Cvans and VillageGreenDeere have said thanks

#12 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted November 13, 2015 - 09:46 PM

I believe he just means the same pump that runs the 3pt lift supplies the oil pressure for the loader control valves.  Many of the SCUT tractors have low volume pumps which aren't the best for loader use unless equipped with a higher volume pump specifically for loader use.

Exactly!