3 replies to this topic

#1 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,190 Thanks
  • 1,471 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 06:38 PM

For sale is a HD air cleaner. Perfect gt size and it would look great on a diesel repower. It's in good condition apart from the plastic sediment bowl. New sediments bowls are available with some searching. Pop can for scale.

Asking 40 obo.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC04212.JPG
  • DSC04213.JPG
  • DSC04215.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 7,826 Thanks
  • 5,512 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 08:02 PM

I believe you have a Donaldson oil bath air cleaner.  The part with the plastic bowl is the per-cleaner and goes on the end of the cleaner.  The cup with the clamp is the oil container and is at the bottom.  Cup probably has a line stamped into the side for oil level indication.  Have one just like in on my IH 400. 

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,190 Thanks
  • 1,471 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 08:41 PM

I believe you have a Donaldson oil bath air cleaner.  The part with the plastic bowl is the per-cleaner and goes on the end of the cleaner.  The cup with the clamp is the oil container and is at the bottom.  Cup probably has a line stamped into the side for oil level indication.  Have one just like in on my IH 400. 

This one is made by Donaldson too but it's a dry element filter. You are correct, it looks very similar to the ones used on old Farmalls however this one is made to mount horizontally as pictured.

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 7,826 Thanks
  • 5,512 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 11:38 PM

This one is made by Donaldson too but it's a dry element filter. You are correct, it looks very similar to the ones used on old Farmalls however this one is made to mount horizontally as pictured.

If it is a dry filter I can see how it should work horizontally like you said.  Thanks for the education.  First dry element unit I have seen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale