#16 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,655 Thanks
  • 9,453 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 07:57 PM

You know, when  I was over in that place people were all excited when winter came. All they could talk about was their new tire chains and their blower mods. Here, people seem to have a different way of looking at the white dirt. Everyone around me seems to be getting Old!

• grnspot110, Alc and shorty have said thanks

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,563 Thanks
  • 45,000 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:05 PM

You know, when  I was over in that place people were all excited when winter came. All they could talk about was their new tire chains and their blower mods. Here, people seem to have a different way of looking at the white dirt. Everyone around me seems to be getting Old!

I don't think you are getting any younger!

• grnspot110 and Cat385B have said thanks

#18 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

HAZMAT CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 13,541 Thanks
  • 9,828 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Recent pictorial evidence supports that statement!

I'm not scared. Anybody got a pair of those under armour chorded thermal undies? They got little strips in 'em that conduct heat. Santa has also been tipped off to the DeWalt battery operated heated sweatshirts. And if it gets really cold, we don't work. -5 F is the cutoff, so we only work in nearly ideal conditions. Honestly, we're a bunch of wimps.
  • KennyP said thank you

#19 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,655 Thanks
  • 9,453 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:45 PM

What cho' talkin' bout, Willis?!!

• KennyP and Cat385B have said thanks

#20 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 4,564 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 08:51 PM

Last year was nasty around here, any way, Or is it really because I'm getting older and can't seem to deal with the cold and snow as easily as I use to. Going to raise furnace vent this year. It's side wall vent. Last year was very bad for it to plug up. I had some very bad times out in the storms trying to clear it. So I am going to raise it up about 6'. Hopefully I won't have to go out to clear it. I have lived in this house for 23 years. In the first 21 years I only cleaned the snow away from the exhaust pipe 3 times. In the last two years, it was 6 times last year and 3 the year before. Some thing is changing. Noel.

Global warming!
  • propane1 said thank you

#21 CanadianHobbyFarmer OFFLINE  

CanadianHobbyFarmer
  • Member No: 73571
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 697 posts

Posted November 09, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Global warming!

I worked outside all last winter, got a very minor touch of frostbite on one fingertip and a not so minor touch of it on my left ear. We had around -20 to -25 celcius without the wind chill most days from January into March. Global warming my posterior. 

Jim

#22 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,147 Thanks
  • 6,244 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 04:28 AM

Global Warming is another waste of tax payer $$$.  We have way to many people that have a piece of paper that says "I'm Smart" so they find a position for them doing govt. stuff.  We need  a lot more people that have some common sense and know how to work.  Global Warming don't fit under either area.

Edited by chieffan, November 10, 2015 - 04:29 AM.

• grnspot110, TomLGT195 and propane1 have said thanks

#23 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,862 Thanks
  • 3,399 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 04:38 AM

I love snow for thanksgiving, but rarely see it, if we don't have snow for Christmas, I get depressed ... I don't mind it, early, but lately it comes late and relentless ... This gets old fast...... But as long as its gone by April I'm fine .
Actually, I have a pile of dead maple in the swap that i cant get to unless it freezes hard... So bring on the freeze... Daddy needs wood for the farmstand stove lol.

Edited by skyrydr2, November 10, 2015 - 04:42 AM.

• shorty and propane1 have said thanks

#24 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 4,910 Thanks
  • 4,564 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 07:22 AM

Haven't you guys heard? It's all global warming! If it's hot, its global warming, if it's cold, it's caused by global warming, a lot of tropical storms, you guessed it, global warming! Not many tropical storms, well that on the other hand is caused by...global warming! Drought? Hey, global warming for sure. The only cure is to vacate the planet so mother earth can heal without evil humans...(insert rolleyes here)

Edited by toppop52, November 10, 2015 - 07:23 AM.

#25 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 9,349 Thanks
  • 5,713 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 07:26 AM

You guys are all wrong, its not Global Warming, Global Cooling, ect.  It is now simply CLIMATE CHANGE.  That way its hotter, its colder, it snows more, it snows less, it can all be blamed on CLIMATE CHANGE

Edited by toomanytoys84, November 10, 2015 - 07:27 AM.

• grnspot110 and propane1 have said thanks

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,787 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 10, 2015 - 09:40 AM

Last year was nasty around here, any way, Or is it really because I'm getting older and can't seem to deal with the cold and snow as easily as I use to. Going to raise furnace vent this year. It's side wall vent. Last year was very bad for it to plug up. I had some very bad times out in the storms trying to clear it. So I am going to raise it up about 6'. Hopefully I won't have to go out to clear it. I have lived in this house for 23 years. In the first 21 years I only cleaned the snow away from the exhaust pipe 3 times. In the last two years, it was 6 times last year and 3 the year before. Some thing is changing. Noel.

When we installed the new air conditioner in the church parsonage, we were discussing raising the exhaust vent on the furnace.
My nephew is a repair parts sales person for Lennox and works with installers every day. He said adding 1 90 degree elbow would cause as much restriction/drag as a 50 ft run of straight tubing. He said to use a 45 degree.
  • TomLGT195 said thank you