Yanmar YM 146 GT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted April 18, 2011 - 01:58 PM

:anyone: Anyone know much about the Yanmar GT,s? I know they had a 2 cylinder diesel, manual trans. , three point. They look similar to the older MTD's and the couple I have seen are......um........... red.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted April 18, 2011 - 03:14 PM

I don't know much about them. I do know Bob (bhts) has a Yanmar if you are looking for parts. I was and still would like to get the diesel out of it for another project but I need to let my tractor funds build up again.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted April 18, 2011 - 09:04 PM

I want a compact in addion to the two Gt's I have. So I have been reading all I can about the Japanese imports.
To be honest I'm waffling between Yanmar & Kubota.
The Yanmars are good machines, but some models are not as well supported with repair parts as others.
As I recall the 146 GT was one of those models? I remember one guy on another site had bought a couple for repair parts for his.
If I remember correctly it has a Category O 3 point.
With any used machine you have to buy whats left, so if it's in good shape it could be a good buy.
One of the biggest mistake I ever made was in not buying one new.
Back in the 80's one of the executives at the factory I worked in had the buyer order one for him then changed his mind and did not want it. I could have bought it in the crate for $3500 but passed because it was two wheel drive. DUMB

#4 RustyTub OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2702
  • 25 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted April 19, 2011 - 02:09 PM

My biggest complaint with the Kubota is the service I get at the dealer! Not helpfull and very spendy. The machine a B7300 seems pretty good wish it was heavier but it holds up fine to light work. A bucket full of dirt is its capacity and is not stable at all when lifting a load of dirt. I am now going to be buying a full size tractor with a 6ft bucket because of how slow the kubota does work. Thread Hijack over