URL: http://pages.ebay.co...9598355&alt=web
  • Traill95, panzersarebest and Eric have said thanks

#2 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 08:15 PM

way out west, almost Iowa.....if I remember right.

Edited by dodge trucker, November 07, 2015 - 08:15 PM.

#3 thirdjoker OFFLINE  

thirdjoker
  • Member No: 60180
  • 73 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 08:26 PM

I would buy that in a heart beat if i could get it shipped to me.  :boo_hoo:

#4 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 10:19 PM

Good deal rite there, I would have that just for the mower deck and a few other misc parts.  someone here needs to go get that !!!!!!!!!

#5 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 03:23 PM

Sold for $325.

#6 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 05:52 PM

Good deal rite there, I would have that just for the mower deck and a few other misc parts.  someone here needs to go get that !!!!!!!!!

I know absolutely nothing about these tractors but I've always liked them and would look them over whenever I saw one at a show.

I have never seen a Panzer for sale but I had also never actively looked for one for sale.

Saturday ( the 14th. ) we had spent the day working out on the property as usual and when we got back to the house I sat down and started looking thru ebay.  

One of the first things I look thru are the listings for Bolens Ridemaster garden tractors and ebay has started showing items on the right side of the page that are similar to what you're searching for and I saw this Panzer tractor.

It showed about 45 minutes left on the auction so the first thing I did was check to see where it was located.

First off ... If we were still living up in northern Michigan, this would have been too far away for me but since we are now living in southern Indiana, it's within reasonable driving distance so we can make the trip out and back easily in one day.

The next thing is I have no idea what it should be worth.    At the time, two bidders had already bid a couple of times against each other to drive the price up to $320.

So I decided to bid on it and did not really expect to get it for the amount that I bid so I was very surprised when I ended up being the winning bidder.

From what I can see from the photos, it looks to me like everything is there but I won't know for sure until I get it and can look it over better.

We are planning on picking it up on Friday.

Edited by jdcrawler, November 16, 2015 - 05:56 PM.

• KennyP, panzersarebest, petrj6 and 1 other said thanks

#7 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 07:38 PM

That's how I would up with my panzer, always liked them and my wife found this one real close for a great price.  really nice solid machines, good luck with it.  Funny you mention bolens ridemaster I just picked one up from the scrap yard today. 

Pete

• jdcrawler said thank you

#8 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 09:34 PM

I know absolutely nothing about these tractors but I've always liked them and would look them over whenever I saw one at a show.
I have never seen a Panzer for sale but I had also never actively looked for one for sale.

Saturday ( the 14th. ) we had spent the day working out on the property as usual and when we got back to the house I sat down and started looking thru ebay.
One of the first things I look thru are the listings for Bolens Ridemaster garden tractors and ebay has started showing items on the right side of the page that are similar to what you're searching for and I saw this Panzer tractor.
It showed about 45 minutes left on the auction so the first thing I did was check to see where it was located.

First off ... If we were still living up in northern Michigan, this would have been too far away for me but since we are now living in southern Indiana, it's within reasonable driving distance so we can make the trip out and back easily in one day.
The next thing is I have no idea what it should be worth. At the time, two bidders had already bid a couple of times against each other to drive the price up to $320.

So I decided to bid on it and did not really expect to get it for the amount that I bid so I was very surprised when I ended up being the winning bidder.
From what I can see from the photos, it looks to me like everything is there but I won't know for sure until I get it and can look it over better.
We are planning on picking it up on Friday.

you made a good buy. I emailed the seller when it was listed way to far for me but I told him I was putting on our website too. you might want to tell him too. aside from a repaint it looks great. I am 99% that is the original engine. they are neat machines have fun with it and post some pics when u get it

#9 Clint ONLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted November 16, 2015 - 10:18 PM

I'm only about 30 minutes from where this one sold. I didn't bid on it because I've got my eye one a few in a bit better condition. $325 is a good buy. The fact it needs a little TLC will make you like it better. The reverse disc is what concerned me. It looked well worn and they are not readily available right now. Something should be coming up for sale soon, but it's not exactly like the original. The first few will be red and cut out on a water jet. Not sure on the details, but if everything works out, I'll keep you posted.

#10 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 12:06 AM

Thanks guys.  I appreciate your comments and I'm looking forward to adding this unique little tractor to my collection.

He shows the serial number as 79549 for the tractor and I think the #143302 would be the serial number for the engine.   With that information, can you tell me what year the tractor is and is the engine the same year as the tractor ?  

I'm assuming that reverse disc is made out of rubber ??    The outside diameter looks like it is in good condition but the mounting holes sure look rough.

My thought was to fill the existing holes with a silicone rubber to restore the solid mass for that area and then drill new mounting holes in the good rubber in-between  the original holes.

The drive on the Ridemasters  also operate by tightening the belt for forward motion and using  disc to rub against the drive pulley for reverse.  

I've machined new reverse disc for two of my Ridemasters so I'm sure I can figure out something for this Panzer.

However, it may be awhile before I get to work on it as we are in the process of building a new house right now.

Edited by jdcrawler, November 17, 2015 - 12:08 AM.

#11 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:33 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments and I'm looking forward to adding this unique little tractor to my collection.

He shows the serial number as 79549 for the tractor and I think the #143302 would be the serial number for the engine. With that information, can you tell me what year the tractor is and is the engine the same year as the tractor ?

I'm assuming that reverse disc is made out of rubber ?? The outside diameter looks like it is in good condition but the mounting holes sure look rough.
My thought was to fill the existing holes with a silicone rubber to restore the solid mass for that area and then drill new mounting holes in the good rubber in-between the original holes.

The drive on the Ridemasters also operate by tightening the belt for forward motion and using disc to rub against the drive pulley for reverse.
I've machined new reverse disc for two of my Ridemasters so I'm sure I can figure out something for this Panzer.
However, it may be awhile before I get to work on it as we are in the process of building a new house right now.

your machine is 1962ish. as for the disc I don't think it's worth the trouble of repairing. you want a little soft. I found the material but it's not cheap, waiting to hope dandy sales gets them back in again.

#12 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 09:04 AM

your machine is 1962ish. as for the disc I don't think it's worth the trouble of repairing. you want a little soft. I found the material but it's not cheap, waiting to hope dandy sales gets them back in again.

Thank you.   

After doing some searching on the internet, I've realized the ID plate that is shown on ebay is for the mower.

He thinks the tractor is a model T70.  Is that correct ?

Edited by jdcrawler, November 17, 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#13 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:32 PM

yes it's a t70b. the tractor tag is under the steering wheel looks like it's still there in the photo but partially painted over