Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,897 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 11:05 PM

Went to an auction today.  Sale bill just said "Bush Hog mower - needs repair". 

To me that sounds like a tractor mounted mower.  ???   In the very corner of one of the pics on the sale bill I could just make out a Bush Hog garden tractor without engine.  Had to look close to see it. Maybe I could sneak up on this one!   

Thought I'd finally get me a Bush Hog and join the BH club. 

As usual on the auction,  there should have been two rings selling.  Way too much stuff to sell in one day even though the auctioneer moved right along.  I gave up after almost 5 hours standing around.  According to a post over on Smokstak it brought somewhere around "10 to 20 bucks"

Here is the better looking part.

BH1.jpg

Closeup of serial tag for Scotts registry.

BH2.jpg

VERY nice/solid mower deck I can only assume sold with what was left of the tractor

BH3.jpg

In another building I found what I thought was the rearend housing - mostly empty.

BH4.jpg

Also in the second building was this tote of parts that went with that rearend.

BH5.jpg

There was no sign of the engine or bell housing anywhere. Hard telling what was broken or missing from the transaxle.   Lots of good parts but I gave up and started the 95 mile drive home before it sold.

• olcowhand, sacsr, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 11:18 PM

Rear end was not bush hog, but the rest sure was. Sorry it did not work out. Thanks for the serial number!
  • Gtractor and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 07:28 AM

Ive had great luck this year pulling the auctioneer aside when he takes a sip of water and asking when my item of interest will be up because I will need to hit the road...the answer is usually..."NOW!" =)
  • Gtractor, sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 06:58 PM

Ive had great luck this year pulling the auctioneer aside when he takes a sip of water and asking when my item of interest will be up because I will need to hit the road...the answer is usually..."NOW!" =)

I've done the same thing before. Had to work overtime on a Saturday. Told the boss what I wanted to do and took off. Went to the auction. talked to the auctioneer and he put what I wanted on the block 30 minutes in. I got s 36 Chevy cab and chassis for ten dollars!!

It also works if you aren't in a hurry and want to catch others off guard on bidding.

I like auctions but around here people run the bids up, but if the weather is bad and you outlast people you can do well.
  • Gtractor said thank you