3 replies to this topic

#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,477 Thanks
  • 6,360 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 08:42 PM

I have an R MM tractor to rebuild. IN past I have put in new gauges from epay and they were fairly expensive. NOW.....there is a place offering the whole 3pc sets in black or chrome bezel type for only around $25 with free shipping......but, they are from India of all places!!! Says buyer is to pay any import fees or such as applied. Can use paypal to buy. What ya think?  This a scam or for real. Says economy shipping. What is that? throw it in a bag?  There was even a set there for 11.50 and asking for OFFER!  $15 for shipping that one, same place. I want new gauges, but not to sure on these. There is also another set for $78 offered from US and looks like exact same set as the imports, even has the light option which is little diff from many. Wonder if his source is the same?? Too good to be true on these?  Not Chinese, but any better quality you think? OR, just the Chinese ones and going thru another source?? Has me wondering.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,215 Thanks
  • 29,686 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 08:52 PM

Lots of aftermarket gauges from India.  I see a lot for Massey's also, and way cheaper, but I have no idea as to quality.  If I can ever afford restoring the MF 175 my cousin gave me, I may have to try these gauges out.  Not a big amount of money if they don't hold up, and at least I'd know better afterward.

#3 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,198 Thanks
  • 1,440 posts

Posted November 06, 2015 - 09:34 PM

The art of the scam is to find someone who wants something for nothing and give them nothing for something. 

• Gtractor, Alc, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#4 karl OFFLINE  

• Member No: 38218
  • 923 Thanks
  • 698 posts

Posted November 07, 2015 - 12:37 AM

Don't waste your money.I've been the india rout.

• boyscout862 said thank you