• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,215 Thanks
  • 29,686 posts

Posted November 04, 2015 - 01:02 PM

A larger heated and insulated shop is always a good thing!  Glad you're getting it done Larry! 

• massey driver said thank you

#17 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted November 14, 2015 - 06:58 PM

Got a call from my insurance Broker on Monday late in the day. My stove is to close to the floor,I need to raise it up to at least 18". So I pull the stove pipes etc off,remove the fire bricks and the door. Then I took the stove into the shop and welded on some leg extensions. Put the stove back into its spot ,took a bunch of measurements and pics and took all the new pics etc; into the Broker. I still haven't heard back from them yet as to whether I can start using burning wood. In the meanwhile I'v gotten all the painting done and put started putting up some of the shelve's that I had. I was even able to clean everything off the floor of my shop and put it into the shelves today. I still have to bring in 2 pallets off stuff and try and find places for most of it.Some of course isn't going to be brought back into the garage.It sure is nice being able to be putting everything back together again. One thing for sure is that the weather has been holding up and today it was a fantastic day out.I was able to have all the doors open and let the shop and garage air out.Its helped lots as well in drying the paint etc: and getting rid of the humidity and smell in the garage. Hopefully tommoro I'll get everything back into place and then it'll be done.Of course I'll feel way better once I get the approval from the insurance company and can start burning wood.

Attached Thumbnails

• stove legs 013 (Small).jpg
  • stove legs 011 (Small).jpg
  • stove legs 008 (Small).jpg

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks