Dayton blower

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 limebuzz ONLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 822 Thanks
  • 860 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 09:44 PM

I bought this tractor in a deal. It had a diesel in it. Well, bolted in. That's it. But anyways, I didn't know what to do with this tractor. It has the 50"deck and a snow thrower with it. And then my brother was asking about a tractor to buy. Long story short (lol). I have it running now with a magnum 16. I'm at the point of getting the blower installed and have no idea how it is raised and lowered. I got the mounting bracket, but no lift rod. Does anyone have pics of one installed? I'm also having trouble with the lift cylinder. It will lift very slow until it actually has to lift the deck,then it won't even try. I changed oil and filter cause it wouldn't drive at first. Got that all cleared up now. Just this lift cylinder. Any ideas would be great. 

• chieffan said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,504 Thanks
  • 7,369 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 10:26 PM

I think Daytons were made by MTD. Check the Manuals Section for the mounting of the blower. The hydraulic pump pressure will need to be tested if the hydraulic fluid is correct. Some of these hydraulic systems use motor oil. Good Luck, Rick

• limebuzz said thank you