#1 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 07:17 PM

I Bought this home the other day with a carb kit for my Wheel Horse 656. I only went for the kit but ended up with this also. It had set outside for quite a few years and was covered with green and black crap all over it. (Alas I washed  it off as soon as I got it home without thinking to take pics of it.) It cleaned up pretty good and with a little work on the wiring it now starts and runs really nice.

DSC02174.JPG      DSC02179.JPG

DSC02176.JPG      DSC02180.JPG  

The Deck is another story. The deck itself has a lot of surface rust but is in fairly good shape.

The Belt was stuck to the pulley's from  years of rain and rusting. The pulley's are pretty much scrap. I don't really know that I want to spend the money to repair the deck so may post it for sell to someone who has a rusted out 44 inch deck but decent pulley's.

DSC02186.JPG      DSC02189.JPG     DSC02192.JPG

DSC02193.JPG      DSC02194.JPG     DSC02195.JPG

I may just end up putting the whole thing up for sale and try to refrain from buying tractors when I am out buying parts for the ones I already have. :D .

• KennyP, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 07:44 PM

The Tranny works?

They are good little tractors if you are Very careful and Do Not use the Hydro as a Brake.They have a Very Very weak set of Differential gears in them.The Pump and drive motor are pretty stout though.

Make sure that you use the Brake pedal to slow down or stop instead of yanking on the hydro leaver.Do Not go from reverse to forward or Forward to reverse without coming to a complete stop.Do not pull anything even remotely heavy with it.

I've had 3 of the hydros and 2 of the gear drives here and they all had Differential problems.I think the problem is that the Tractor is to heavy for the transaxle in the 1st place.That's why you see so many of these in particular with bad transaxles.

• Traill95 said thank you

#3 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 07:58 PM

The Tranny works?

They are good little tractors if you are Very careful and Do Not use the Hydro as a Brake.They have a Very Very weak set of Differential gears in them.The Pump and drive motor are pretty stout though.

Make sure that you use the Brake pedal to slow down or stop instead of yanking on the hydro leaver.Do Not go from reverse to forward or Forward to reverse without coming to a complete stop.Do not pull anything even remotely heavy with it.

I've had 3 of the hydros and 2 of the gear drives here and they all had Differential problems.I think the problem is that the Tractor is to heavy for the transaxle in the 1st place.That's why you see so many of these in particular with bad transaxles.

The Tranny works fine. I had to adjust the neutral position but other than that there is no problem yet. The motor is probably the best part of this tractor.