14 replies to this topic

#1 hardwater1 OFFLINE  

hardwater1
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 76947
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:07 PM

I have a 1969 John Deere 110. the serial number is 132147m. does anybody know why the type code would be TO645 and not a TO581 through TO586 Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• P5040018.JPG

#2 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:45 PM

Typo?  Prototype?

• hardwater1 said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,686 Thanks
  • 8,884 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 10:58 PM

Do you have pics of the whole tractor you could post?

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 09:31 AM

If your tractor is a 110, the codes 0581 through 0586 wouldn't be used, as they pertained to the 140 models. However, after researching your tractor code, I'm not finding a type code of 0645 being used for any of the 110 model years.  Interesting!!

#5 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 10:44 AM

I think, we need more pics - from the gt not from the decals!

#6 hardwater1 OFFLINE  

hardwater1
  • GTt Junior
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:09 PM

Heres another pic of the 110 WARNING not a pretty site

Attached Thumbnails

• P5040028 (2).jpg
  • P5040031 (2).jpg

Edited by hardwater1, October 31, 2015 - 12:13 PM.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#7 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 02:15 PM

Your tractor code should be T0641 and not the T0645 as shown. My guesses are that either someone at Deere used the wrong stamp number when making the identification code, or Deere could have planned at one time to use the last two digits of 45 at some point, to maybe identify the white patio tractors from the green tractors like they did in 1970 and 1971. In 1969 when Deere introduced the white patio series, no certain identification code was used to keep track of how many white tractors were produced, so the only ways of telling if a tractor was indeed a white patio tractor, was the tractor still having it's original full body of white paint on it, or traces of white paint underneath the green paint, as Deere repainted a lot of the white patio tractors to green due to not being able to sell a lot of them in the original white.

This would hold true to the 1969 built 110's, 112's, and 140's, as these models were all being produced before 1969 when the patio series first began. The type codes changed in 1970, which helped to identify the patio painted tractors from the standard green painted tractors. After reviewing your pictures above of your 110, I don't see any signs that this tractor is or was a patio tractor. When Deere repainted the white tractors to green, they only painted the parts that could be seen, such as the fender pan, the outside of the console, the outside of the frame, the engine, the hood braces, the hood, and the transmission. The insides of the frames and the insides of the consoles were always tall tell signs of white, as well as under the rear tail lights or reflectors of the fender pan. I've already seen where the outside faces of the wheels were repainted yellow, however the inside faces were still white.

Since your tractor is of the lower part of the serial numbered starting point of that year, I'm willing to bet that this 45 number of your type code was indeed going to be an identification code distinguishing the white tractors from the green. Although you don't see any evidence of white found on the tractor now, it does appear that the tractor was indeed repainted at some point of it's lifetime, so with not knowing the past history of the tractor, I guess we'll never know for sure if this tractor was a patio white at some point, or if my guess is correct about the odd identification code of 45. I'm really curious to see if any other tractors have been found with this same code number, and to see what the serial number placement is compared to your 132,xxx placement. 

• KennyP, Trav1s and hardwater1 have said thanks

#8 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I wonder if there is white paint behind the serial plate.

• johndeereelfman and hardwater1 have said thanks

#9 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 02:25 PM

I wonder if there is white paint behind the serial plate.

That would also be a good place to look Travis. I'm no expert by any means, but this type code really has me baffled. I think we may be onto finding out something here, and if my suspicion is correct, it could be a very interesting piece to an unknown puzzle. 

#10 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 02:40 PM

That would also be a good place to look Travis. I'm no expert by any means, but this type code really has me baffled. I think we may be onto finding out something here, and if my suspicion is correct, it could be a very interesting piece to an unknown puzzle. 

I look on the back of the dash and in the lift assembly inside the frame too.

• johndeereelfman and hardwater1 have said thanks

#11 hardwater1 OFFLINE  

hardwater1
  • GTt Junior
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for the info. alot of the parts have been sandblasted since i took the pics. the only evidence of white paint i have found so far was under the dash decal . there was what looked to be yellow primer under the green paint on the frame.

Attached Thumbnails

• P6200013 (2).jpg
  • P6210017 (2).jpg

#12 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,602 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 07:12 PM

Hmmmm... 

#13 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 03:55 PM

I'd say your tractor is not a factory issued patio tractor. If you are finding the buff primer under the green, then the tractor was never painted white. When John Deere repainted the white tractors to green, they didn't prime over the white. The green was just applied to the white directly. Deere used black primer under the white, so if you aren't finding black primer or any other evidence of white, then your tractor wasn't a true patio tractor. Now I'm starting to think the code of 45 was just stamped wrong at the factory. I'd really like to know if this is the case for any other 110 owners out there to be sure though. Just seems odd that this would only happen to one tractor in the assembly line.  :(

#14 hardwater1 OFFLINE  

hardwater1
  • GTt Junior
  • 8 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 06:05 PM

I did find some white on the lift arms and wheel straps but not on the deck itself . but i quess this raises more questions as to rather this is the original deck and deck parts

Attached Thumbnails

• PB010002 (2).jpg
  • PB010004 (2).jpg
  • PB010007 (2).jpg

#15 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • 5,475 Thanks
  • 2,532 posts

Posted November 01, 2015 - 07:28 PM

The deck could be original to the tractor, as the type code of E0661 is a yellow painted model 39 mower deck. However the other parts that are showing white, could either be off of another tractor, or it was Deere using up some of their inventory. They didn't throw anything away, and used parts where ever they could.