Unfortunately, the cast tube that supports the shaft was also full of grease and sand...the shaft itself needed polishing...the hardware for the tie rods was beat to hell...and my tie rods are disparate lengths despite having the same part number in the Panzer diagram.
Off to Tractor Supply for some new hardware...again.
Since I've made the trip to the tractor store 3 times in the past 3 days, I decided to just buy a bunch of random bolts instead of only the ones I needed. Maybe it'll save me from a 4th trip tomorrow.
$25 later and I've got a fun sorting project as I find and label a little drawer for each thread size and length. OCD Level - expert.
Edited by Hondarider, January 17, 2016 - 10:14 PM.