• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:05 PM

I know this is far from the most desirable Wheelhorse but I like it and it will work great in front of my leaf vac and my money went to a good cause. I bought it at a Boy Scout yard sale where people donated items for the scouts to sell. It is the perfect size for Hoodlums #2 and #3. All I have done so far is unload it and roll it into the garage. It will be two more weekends before I csn get to it. I have a trip to Bogota next week. image.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Alc, Traill95, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Dieselcubmike ONLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:18 PM

I had the b82 and loved it. 11 briggs that started every time. 3 speed. Was a pleasure to mow with.

• HANKG and JBRamsey have said thanks

#3 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:37 PM

This one has a three speed with a hi and lo range. It caught me by surprise when I looked at it at the sale. I think it's cool and small enough to make some tight turns.

#4 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:40 PM

I had 2 little WH A100s and both of them had badly worn PTO clutch cones.One would slip and the other one would constantly Stick.But the tractor it's self was awesome.Steering on them is Amazing and the older 3 speed peerless transaxles are near bullet proof.

I swapped the rear pulley on the one.Original pulley was HUGE.I think it was around 13".I put a 4" pulley on the rear and it would go 20-25mph.It would Still mow good in 2nd gear on flat ground.Around 14-16mph in 2nd. :rolling: :rolling:

I forget where but I had someone Reline the PTO cone before I sold it.I'm thinking it was Taylor Electric down in town.They do all sorts of stuff.

The guy that got it used it for 10 maybe 12 years then parked it out behind his garage.He Said it was smoking pretty good.I should go see about getting it.It has Zero paint left on it.100% rusted but not rusted through.I seen it a couple weeks ago when I was down helping him clean his gutters.

• HANKG and JBRamsey have said thanks

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,444 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:16 AM

Neat little mower :thumbs:  I think the way I cut grass I would have destroyed the deck with a solid chute sticking out that far :(

• JBRamsey said thank you

#6 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,135 Thanks
  • 4,487 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Neat little mower :thumbs:  I think the way I cut grass I would have destroyed the deck with a solid chute sticking out that far :(

Those chutes are something OSHA requires to jack the price up another $50.  First thing to come off ever mower I have had.  Just make sure you don't blow the grass towards any buildings or vehicles.

#7 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,867 Thanks
  • 2,788 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:25 PM

That's a nice little pony give it some sugar and it will treat you right.

#8 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 09:36 PM

I ran the chute into the side of the trailer loading it. And again when unloading it. And that was just pushing it!