#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 08:24 AM

It's been a different summer and fall here at the homestead. Some hunting done and some family things done and some doctoring things done. Now it's time to get the yard work done and be ready for cold weather.

Just can't get all of it done this year like we have in the past. Been picking up leaves and pine needles for the last 3 weeks and still have more to do. Next will be last mowing to shorten the grass for winter. plug the lawn and then run the roller over it and them use the spike aerator and seeder to seed for the winter. Next will be the the garden. Pull the corn stalks and till the garden with the rest of the leaves and grass clippings from cleanup. As soon as it stops raining. Oh well off to the garage to get it started. Have a great day and just be glad we are able to still enjoy this great hobby of ours and be around to see and hear all the posts on the forum that make our days a little better.

Roger.

• Gtractor, Alc, jms180 and 8 others have said thanks

#2 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,238 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:05 AM

At least you will get some good seat time in!

Fall is the reason I have removed every tree from my property!  No more leaves or pine needles for me.

I figure we are still going to have to hit 2 or 3 more grass cuttings here in ohio.  We've had cold, hot cold hot, now warmish and raining. 

• hamman said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 09:08 AM

I am way behind too. We just have to work smarter. That means more tractors. It sounds like you need a leaf vacuum to go behind your tractor so that you can mow and remove leaves at the same time. I used one for years and it was a time and back saver. Good Luck, Rick

• hamman, oldedeeres and Oldford have said thanks

#4 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:00 AM

I am way behind too. We just have to work smarter. That means more tractors. Good Luck, Rick

Sounds like i am in good company with the more is better.   I got it to 3 dedicated machines, no implement swaps.   Small riding mower is easy to maintain.  Now it is on leaf mulch duty, i don't have to rake, just keep chopping.  I removed the pines against ticks, no needles/cones around is a bonus.

Then a blower tractor for winter.  And a blade & tow tractor, year round duty.  Now i just need to get out and change fluids before snow flies... weld a couple things up... replace some bearings... etc

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,841 Thanks
  • 3,190 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:43 AM

Mowed the lawns for the last time day before yesterday. Cleaned up Little John and drove him into the shop with hardly an ounce of gas to spare. Now he's ready for next year, clean and shiny and ready to roar when the fresh fuel is put in. We had a skiff of snow yesterday but it's gone now, just a warning of what's to come----- hard water fishing,  :thumbs:

• olcowhand, hamman, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#6 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,238 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 06:42 PM

----- hard water fishing, :thumbs:

Waiting to enjoy some that myself!!
  • oldedeeres said thank you