LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 08:46 AM

A company named Maritime Drag Racing used to sell rebuild kits for the aluminum Kohler fuel pumps. I have checked their on line site and they no loner list their product. In fact, it appears they have completely reformed their company.

I have checked around and found another site which I have just called who also offer Kohler fuel pump kits which they make in house. http://then-now-auto...r-fuel-pumps-2/

• KennyP, boyscout862, Bmerf and 4 others have said thanks

#2 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,393 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 12:39 PM

A company named Maritime Drag Racing used to sell rebuild kits for the aluminum Kohler fuel pumps. I have checked their on line site and they no loner list their product. In fact, it appears they have completely reformed their company.

I have checked around and found another site which I have just called who also offer Kohler fuel pump kits which they make in house. http://then-now-auto...r-fuel-pumps-2/

I have that site bookmarked on my computer,  Their price seems fair, will  check into it.

• tiretrx said thank you

#3 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Thanks! I put this up on another forum I belong to because this has come up from time to time. A good friend of mine actually lives four miles from the place.

• LilysDad said thank you

#4 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:20 PM

It's the same company. They didn't have their own website and used the Maritime site to advertise their info. The Kohler kits are just a side thing as their main business is fuel pump kits for antique cars.

I dealt with the guy a few years ago to make a kit for the Tecumseh Airtex pumps which were very close to the same dimensions as the Kohler Airtex pumps. He was good to work with but after two tries he couldn't seem to get the notch in the shaft to match the dimensions I gave him. Never did get it to work right.

Edited by Canawler, October 29, 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#5 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:41 PM

It's the same company.

That's pretty strange. I asked him if he was related to Maritime, bought them out, whatever. He said he never heard of them.

. . . But then, I asked him if he ever heard of GT Talk and he said no to that, too. No one can be that out of touch.

Edited by LilysDad, October 29, 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#6 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted October 29, 2015 - 10:16 PM

That's pretty strange. I asked him if he was related to Maritime, bought them out, whatever. He said he never heard of them.

That's totally bizarre.
At one point, the Maritime page actually linked to an earlier version of the Kohler pump page you posted. The Maritime Drag Racing deal looked like a regional racing league but that was just from a quick glance at the page while looking for the Kohler pump info.
I will say, when I called the company, the first person I talked to didn't seem to know anything about the kohler pumps. I can't remember the guy's name but after someone figured out what I was talking about they said the Kohler pumps were such and such's side project and transfered me to him. There was obviously some confusion there so I guess it's possible one of the parties wasn't aware of the Maritime site. Who knows?

All I can say for sure is the Maritime site linked to Then-Now.

Also, I never actually used one of the kits in a Kohler pump, but they did appear to be well made.

Edited by Canawler, October 29, 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#7 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,393 Thanks
  • 1,532 posts

Posted November 11, 2015 - 10:51 PM

Jus a little update on my end, after some checking the pump on my K241A 1)- probably isn't original, and 2) is plastic, ie. not a candidate for rebuilding. I decided to buy a whole new pump from ebay as I could get one shipped free for around $35, made by stens.  I'll keep you posted on how things go from there.

• limebuzz said thank you

#8 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,643 Thanks
  • 7,673 posts

Posted November 12, 2015 - 07:57 AM

I have three or four aluminum pumps laying around just in case, but have never had to use them. Sometimes I think I might do a rebuild just to do a thread on here. Maybe next year.

• limebuzz and adamjd200 have said thanks