huffy huffman caprice electomatic 8hp lighter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbyjimjoebob OFFLINE  

• Member No: 76752
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26, 2015 - 09:20 PM

Please help me i have a huffy8 with tranny\clutch issues. The brake works but the clutch does nothing tractor moves but it grinds going into gear. Im just getting into this i also have a bradford monte Carlo and a sears custom 7. Please be kind as i am an idiot and probably overlooking
something simple.

#2 chieffan OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 5,776 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 03:20 AM

Sounds like your clutch is not disengaging.  Has the tractor been sitting for a long time?  If so the clutch may be stuck and need preyed apart while the pedal is depressed.  Possibly just a little adjustment.  Get it fixed and don't grind the gears or you will have much bigger problems fast.

There are no dumb questions.  Maybe a little humorous to some but not dumb.  Welcome to GTTalk.

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,520 Thanks
  • 7,382 posts

Posted October 27, 2015 - 06:12 AM

Welcome to GTT. Check our Manuals Section for 3 free downloads per day. I agree with above. You can learn most of what you want to know by reading the manuals and checking on Youtube. If something isn't clear we will try to help. Good Luck, Rick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: huffy, huffman, caprice, electomatic, 8hp, lighter